Jump to content
Mariusz

Install OSX 10.7 Lion on D630 X3100

Recommended Posts

Yes it works!

The file "SLE.zip" contains the file "IO8021Family.kext" - I have renamed "IO80211Family.kext" and my wifi works.

Error in file "SLE.zip"? or in some people it works like that?

Anyway for me to handle this solved my problem :)

Now I will try an Combo Update 10.7.3 and coming back to you.

 

10.7.3 ok - Wireless ok :)

Very big Think "Mariusz" for your tutorial.

My bad. I have fixed the file name inside SLE.zip and updated first post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mariusz thank you very much.

 

Syonagar, thank you for your help I managed (after much testing) to replace the DSDT file from my old file.

Now can you give me the procedure to copy the "DSDT high res" because I have mistaken somewhere: (

I do the following operation: Finder - DSDT replace existing directory "Extra" with "high res DSDT" and restart the computer.

I think there must be something else to do, right?

Thank you for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High and Low Resolution is a simple DSDT edit:

For High resolution you need:

"AAPL01,DualLink", 
Buffer (0x04)
  {
      0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
  }

This should be sorted out in next EDP release. (I guess)

I see CRC has right DSDT for you in this post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High and Low Resolution is a simple DSDT edit:

For High resolution you need:

"AAPL01,DualLink", 
Buffer (0x04)
  {
      0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
  }

Thank you, I used the editor "DSDTSE" to extract "DSDT.aml" but I can not find this line to change, where to put it?

ok I managed to find the lines and I have replaced with yours.

I recompiled the "DSDT" and I have exactly the same problem, bug screen like my picture above. Strange!

 

I see CRC has right DSDT for you in this post.

that's exactly what file I made and I replaced that caused me a bug screen. And even when I edit that file "D630_GMA_HighResLCD"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try this one and report any success or failure :)

Mariusz thank you, unfortunately it does not work, still the same problem of bug screen: (

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mariusz thank you, unfortunately it does not work, still the same problem of bug screen: (

OK last chance. I have cleaned the GMA injection- try this dsdt with GraphicEnabler=Yes if it's ok, add this to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

dsdt-d630-clean.aml.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your dsdt works fine, with or without "GraphicsEnabler = yes".

I have no bug screen, I'm against 1280x800 (not 1440x900)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understood why I could not get a resolution of 1440x900! I just watched my card configuration: Screen 14.1 WXGA (1280x800).

I could not get my resolution above: (

It's stupid because my D620: 14.1 WXGA Screen (1440x900).

I will remove my PC to see if I can swap the video cards.

 

I reversed the screen of the D620 with that of 630 but unfortunately it does not work.

I remain with the résulition of 1280x800, too bad for me.

Thank you again for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it should work but you also have to swap the screen cable ribbon and use the high res dsdt.... and make sure that org.chameleon.Boot.plist also has the high res set. Graphics Mode

1440x900x32

 

they swap the screens all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...