Need help with Precision m4700 HighSierra 10.13.2

perbart

Hey everyone! 

I need your help with my Precision m4700, with Quadro K2000M (Attached my EFI directory)

The biggest problem:

The computer can not wake from sleep. It restarts and the bios (ver. a17) automatically disables Optimus, so after the boot it will be a black screen. If i restart the machine, and set Optimus ON the screen will work again until next sleep.

My guess:

On wake the PC try to use Quadro, but it doesn't work so it restarts and the bios disables Optimus. Unfortunately I dont know how to make the Quadro work, or how to just disable it.

Issues with the touchpad:

Multitouch and track-point works, however there are micro lags and the touchpad can not recognise a ca. 1 centimeter area on the edges. 

Your help is appreciated,

PB

EFI.zip

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go! Changes I have done:

• Disabled NVIDIA device (No _INI for PEG0 was found hence a new device DNVD was created in scope _SB.PCI0 and _OFF is called from _INI of DNVD)

Chnages you have to do:

• Uncheck Inject NVIDIA from config.plist

I don't know your processor model so can't say anything about ig-platform-id

P.S: It is a good idea to have your system specs in your signature

Note: You use sorted order. DO NOT forget to add these SSDTs names in that.

Regards

perbart.zip

Thx for helping me!

I copied the given files to EFI/ACPI/patched <-- I guess thats where they belongs, right?

My cpu is: i7-3820QM

"You use sorted order. DO NOT forget to add these SSDTs names in that."

<-- Im not quite sure I know how and where should I do that?

Unfortunately the same happens as before (#1).

Although your hardware shouldn't be possibly affected by EDID bug (I guess) but there is no harm in trying it out. Once you disable hibernation as mentioned by Hervé you try and follow this guide: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/10236-how-to-fix-black-screen-in-high-sierra/

Regards