E7270 HS Install SSD (NVMe) not recogniced

orbislacteus

Have you look under the new option to show all devices from the drop down?

Yes, I looked there.it didn‘t show up there. Seems like Disk Utility doesn’t show unpartitioned drives.

It showed up regularly after I partitioned it with gparted and created an ext4 drive.

Also it seems like brightness controls do not work properly on HS. Fn keys have no effect and slider behaves strange. Is there a fix?

@edd1024, for Sierra, you need additional SSDT patch and kexts.

See here, I have a bootpack for NVMe, it's for 10.12.4. If you need it for 10.12.6, you'll need a newer kexts.

See here for that

Thanks Jake, I'll look into it tomorrow.

I just can't fathom why it worked before so nicely. I had it all up and running and for some stupid reason decided to go for HiSierra after updating my Pro Books. 

Then, after some time I noticed the BIAS amp software works only with one channel and my Apogee interfaces just have major issues at the USB ports. Now I wanted to do a fresh reinstall and it's not working. Stupid going to Hi Sierra anyways.

@Jake Lo

That means it only works with Karabiner Elements? On Sierra it worked out of the box - as far as I remember.

Anyway: I installed Karabiner Elements and get some strange Behaviour here: 

The Brightness Overlay is shown, but Brightness doesn't change - except if I reduce it to the Minimum, the screen wents black and never comes Back again.

After restarting I get a Kernel Panic.

:(

OK, the Kernel Panic seem to originate from a change in the boot options of the config.plist. Maybe Clover Configurator mixed up something there.

Mapping of Karabiner seems to be Ok, but the brightness control itself is not working correctly, since the slider in Display is not working as well.

Any idea how to fix this?