[SUCCESS] Upgrade to High Sierra E6330

vpquebec

Upgrading from Sierra to High Sierra. Using Clover V4359 and Clover Configurator ( for FixHeader). Keep old partition format (HFS) Everything work like before as in Sierra. Before upgrading I changed the motherboard with i5-3340M to a new one with i7-3540M. Do I need to generate a new DSDT.aml for the i7 or keep the old one? Any advantage to move the kexts from the EFI to the L/E?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Different CPU, so you have to generate a new SSDT. DSDT should not have to change provided the other hardware specs remained identical.

The advantages of moving the kexts from the Clover EFI folder to /L/E will be to cache them rather than inject them at boot time.

Since I have moved from an i5-3340M motherboard to the i7-3540M one, do I have to change product name MacBook Air 5,2 to MacBook Pro 10,2? Any advantages?
In a Hackintosh point of view, are there any differences between a MacBook Air 5,2 ,a MacBook Pro 9,2 and a MacBookPro10,2.

during the middle of booting process with High Sierra, i have a boot graphics glitch for a very short instant. I did not have it with Sierra. Secodly, when I move the kexts from the Other folder of Clover to the /L/E , I get the Apple menu and nothing happens, I have to move all the kexts back to the Other folder to be able to boot normally.

• Administrators

The short graphics glitch (aka final or 2nd stage boot glitch) has been in existence for years now; it's just that, in High Sierra, the fix is different than it was in Sierra and El Capitan:

In: IOGraphicsFamily
Find: 0100007522
Replace by: 010000EB22

Just adjust your patch accordingly in Clover.

To Hervé : thank for the fix. No more glitch.

To Jake Lo : I did repair permission and rebuild cache. I will try again. Do I move all the kexts to the /L/E folder or leave some in the Other folder. And the other thing, the three kexts I moved from LE folder of the Other folder, AppleBackLightInjector, AppleDA_IDT and DisableTurboBoostBattery, only the AppleBackLightInjector is not loaded ?? (checked through System Information - Extension)