[SOLVED] E7450 - Unable to boot 10.13.2 update

viking1304

I can't boot 10.13.2 update from my disk, while currently installed 10.13.1 works just fine. The only obvious reason for this behavior is currently installed bootpack.

I just compared my files with files that Jake Lo posted here. Most kexts are same, but some of them are slightly older or newer then those. The only kext that might be a problem is Lilu, since I have 1.2.0, and I see in 1.2.1 release notes that it have some workarounds for 10.13.2.

It's not a problem for me to update those kexts, or even to replace whole bootpack, but I am actually trying to understand what's going on.

@JakeLo

I am totally confused why SSDT files in ACPI patched folder in latest bootpack are not same as those that I have. Booth patched folders are made by you, and both are for E7450 with same Optimus card with same A17 BIOS. I have those SSDTs: 0, 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and files that you posted this time are: 0, 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. I am aware that reason for this are  original files that were send to you, but why dumped files were so different on those two systems? Should I use those new files or files that you made from dump I sent you from my system?

I am also trying to figure out where to find latest version of all kexts you posted when I want to update them myself. Some of those kexts are very easy to find (like LILU or those from Rehabman), but some of those are real challenge to figure out where they came from.

I guess I could just use your files and be grateful to you, but I am actually trying to learn something here. This doesn't mean that I am not grateful to you. :)

• Moderators

As Bronxteck said, just update Lilu.kext plus the associated plugins, keeping everything else including DSDT/SSDT.

The DSDT/SSDT are different because they are dumped from different versions of Clover so the numberings are different.

The DSDT/SSDT were dumped with current version v4359

Thank you both. I already downloaded all the latest versions of kexts that I know where to find. I have no idea where to find ApplePS2Controller,  DisableTurboBoostBattery and AppleBacklightInjector, so I will just use those 3 from Jakes archive. I will replace those and try to update little later.

Thank you for clarifying DSDT/SSDT numbering difference.

The only thing that is still not clear to me is why config.plist is so different. The version on my drive have both FixHeaders and FixRegions, but new one only have FixHeaders. I only have CpuSsdt but I do not have Cpu0Ist that exists in new one. I do not have abm_firstpolldelay (since it's new flag). I have DualLink, AppleHDA ALC 293 #1 (also 2, 3 and 4), but do not have BacklightLevel and so on...

Should I use new config and just replace SortedOrder and serials with those I had?

• Moderators

Sure, give it a try. Enabling / Disabling DualLink won't make a difference since Haswell systems. It seems to autodetect your resolution.

There are no new version for those 3 kexts you mentioned so use those. CPU0Ist is dynamic so it's not included. But if you look at your Origin folder, you'll see it's there.

Hello from 10.13.2 :)

I updated all the kexts and copied new config.plist to my EFI, replaced serials, SortedOrder and boot timeout. Everything went smoothly from there. FakeSMC, Shiki and IntelMausiEthernet have slightly newer versions, so I used those new versions.

Thank you once more.