E7450 New installation and/or updating to HS 10.13.2 fail

acquarius.13

Hi everybody!

I tried many times to perform a new installation or updating to High Sierra using an external SATA-to-USB drive (a clone of my macOS 10.12.6 which runs quite good). For both attempts I followed:

the general clover guide: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-xps-clover-guide/

the specific E7450 guide https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8514-dell-latitude-e7450-clover-uefi-only/

I updated to the latest clover v4359 version and I focused my attention to the E7450_HD5500_Only_A17_HS bootpack. 

Almost all the times boot hangs at the point in picture attached. 

I also tried to disable Legacy boot option, without success. I took off both laptop and CMOS battery, re-set bios, re-applied DVMT patch (some months ago there were no kext fix so I'm still there with DVMT), but unfortunately no success.

I think I have followed all guides steps..but I don't manage to know what's going on. 

Could you please help me updating?

Thanks

Marco

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jake. I’ve used your SSDT files as recommended and I did 3 things: 1. Test boot on a cloned Sierra drive (external) 2. Test boot during updating the external Sierra drive to High Sierra 3. Test boot on USB installer of High Sierra. Results are as following: 1. System boot and works properly, but I have lost audio (deny symbol on audio. I use AppleHDA ALC) 2. Test was good because installer starts. Graphics are a little bit blurry on the top bar (you can see in attachment) I suppose because of graphics kexts that have to be updated. I still haven’t updated because small available time. 3. Test was good since installer started. Graphics are good Next step I would like to perform are: 1. Update all the kext as your boot pack in the external drive, in order to see if audio come back, 2. update the external drive to high Sierra and see what happens 3. Update main drive to high sierra In your post you mention to replace the content of the folder with those files you attached and keep the rest. Should I keep also SSDT.2 and 3? Many thanks Jake Marco 

UPDATE: I updated all kexts in external hard disk in order to be ready for updating to High Sierra. System booted correctly and, after repairing permission, audio is now working. So I’ve started updating to HS. I have a couple of questions: 1. Should I continue to use ACPIPoller.kext? Since is no more present in your bootpack 2. During verbose boot I see a lot of ACPI errors..is that correct? Thanks Marco

Hi everybody!

I successfully updated the external disk test to high sierra. The successful to-do list, in my case, cannot avoid the use of USB installer instead of updating from the downloaded file from Mac App Store (that failed all the time). I really want to thank in particular Jake who furnished a proper SSDT patching for my computer.

After some tuning (software that must be updated, check if everything is og, etc.) I will update also the main drive. 

Some questions:

1. Do you recommend switching to APFS or to keep HFS+?

2. Should I continue to use ACPIPoller.kext?

3. During verbose boot I see a lot of ACPI errors..is that correct?

Thanks a lot

Marco