[SUCCESS] Dell Inspiron 15 7548 macOS Sierra to High Sierra direct update

bonejoev

hello everyone,

This Dell Inspiron has not let me down while using MacOS Sierra for the past 6 months or so. but now I think is save to upgrade to High Sierra without necessarily breaking anything, am I right? can anyone give me a hand. I also have a Samsung 840 250 SSD should I keep HFS+ or should I update to the new APFS.

thanks in advance.

EFI.zip

• Moderators

If there will be any issue it'll be some CPU SSDT causing KP, but you won't know until you get there.

Boot with verbose + debug 0x100 to determine if/when that occurs. Very issue fix by removing the SSDT(s) in question and dropping the associated TableID in Config.plist.

Those would be SSDT3 and SSDT4 from your Patched folder

TableID = Cpu0Ist and CpuSsdt

everything seems to have worked great, well I'm still testing. upgrade went fine for the most part. Karabiner-elements is not working and that's to be expected, hope they release a new version with support for HS. and the brightness slider in control panel is gone, can't adjust brightness. My concerns were bluetooth , Wifi, Battery, & sound and they are all working fine except for sound. for the most part i haven't Come across any major issues yet. the only two issues that' I'm having for now is brightness & sound.