Toshiba Satellite S855-s5381: audio lost after direct upgrade to 10.13.2 from 10.12.3

bonejoev

Hello Everyone...

yes as the title suggests...

I've been running Sierra on this laptop for a while, which my wife uses, for the most part everything is working, except for certain things which I've decided to live with, like the annoying error that comes up  every time I would click on display settings in the control panel. this is a very capable system, faster then the one I use as my daily driver which is Dell Inspiron 15 7548, I decided to take the plunge and update directly from 10.12.3 to 10.13.2 and I went without a hitch, the update literally took almost an hour, but it was worth it. This update went so well for me that the error that I was having with the display settings in the control panel is gone!, yeah you read right! gone, I'm able to go to the display setting and adjust the brightness manually with the slider, now since I have karabiner I'm also able o use the function keys to increase or decrease the brightness, it just works. this is a near perfect system, for the exception of sound, sound is broken that's the only thing right now that is not working for me.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

post-105122-0-47611700-1514834834_thumb.jpeg

post-105122-0-77177400-1514834852_thumb.jpeg

CLOVER.zip

• Administrators

Your DSDT injects layout 3. Your Clover config shows AppleHDA patches for ALC269. No idea about the dummy ALC269 kext for codec definition, you've not mentioned it. I can only assume you previously had audio working under the previous version of Sierra so make sure to rebuild your cache because that's what Clover patches.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9961-how-do-i-repair-permissions-and-rebuild-the-cache-yosemite-and-later/

• Administrators

Check what add-on kexts you had previously installed in /S/L/E and/or /L/E. These may clash with kexts you inject from Clover EFI folder. Ideally, move (not copy) your Clover kexts to /L/E to cache them. It's much better than injecting kexts.

thanks bronxteck for replying, I did what you suggested and added the addPNLF in clover but it didn't work. and Herve, the only files that I have in S/L/E are... 

aDummyHDA.kext

CodecCommander.kext

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

FakePCIID.kext

and also I haven't added any kext in /L/E

is there something I'm missing? it was working fine before

• Administrators

As I said, move all your add-on kexts to /L/E, repair permissions and rebuild your cache.

Your DSDT already has a PNLF device that seems properly defined so I'd say all looks Ok on that front. Personally speaking, I don't use the IntelBacklight or IntelGraphicsFixup kexts on my Ivy Bridge/HD4000 E6230 laptop and all is Ok regarding LCD brightness and its settings bar. Why don't you try without?