[SOLVED] E7250: unable to boot High Sierra installer

van_axl

I dont have a mac, I made the clover img, replaced Config and ACPI/Patched, but AppleHDA_ALC293.kext is not loading when loading other kext!

All I can work out is im not adding AppleHDA_ALC293.kext correct in windows!

• Moderators

Built Clover boot disk under Windows 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288795-guide-creating-os-x-usb-installer-using-a-windows-pc-only/?do=findComment&comment=2012539

You error could be due to bad installer not created successfully. The bootpack attached does not need AppleHDA_ALC293.kext, it's been replaced with AppleALC + Lilu

Trying to install in a Latitude E7250, BIOS A19.

USB boots fine, but screen remains so dark I can't finish selecting options for the installation. I can see the outline of the initial screen, but that's about it. Followed instructions from here:

EDIT: Never mind. It's fixed. Somehow my clover install had a very low value for the BackLightLevel parameter.

Finished installation with a DW1560 WiFi card and everything works fine except BlueTooth. I don't use BlueTooth at all, so this does not bother me much... Nevertheless, is there a trick on getting BlueTooth to work with the DW1560? The system does not detect a BlueTooth card.