Dell Latitude E6540 Sound and QE/Qi not working with 10.13.2

TheOtherOne

Hello there

I am trying to get my Dell Laptop run with High Sierra. After countless fresh installs with different setups its working kind off.

Because I got graphics acceleration with my Intel HD 4600 under 10.13.1 with no hassle, I thought its kind of oob. But whatever I try nothing works.

I read all the time about this DSTS stuff. What is it?

I hope I attached the right debug.zip

Thank you for your time and work.

Danny :-)

debug_24093.zip

post-116060-0-09676700-1515237451_thumb.png

post-116060-0-99193400-1515237491_thumb.png

• Administrators

Where did you get your Clover config file from???

1. Change your SMBIOS profile from MBP10,2 which is an IvyBridge system to MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,2 which are Haswell systems and correct profiles for the E6x40.
  2. You appear to be missing Rehabman's FakePCIID kexts that are necessary for full graphics acceleration:
    • FakePCIID
    • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
  3. You appear to be missing the dummy ALC292 kext that's necessary to obtain audio. It's available in all our guides related to the E6x40/E7x40 systems.

If you want to get HDMI audio, you'll also need

• the Azul FB binary patch for HDMI
  • Rehabman's FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_audio kext

If you want USB3.0/2.0 multiplexing to work, you'll also need:

• Rehabman's FakePCIID_XHCI_mux kext

Please follow our existing guides for your system:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-xps-clover-guide/

You'd also find useful guidance + files here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7387-dell-latitude-e6440-with-i5-4300m-hd4600-and-1600x900-lcd-mavericksyosemiteel-capitansierra/

Ok I changed what you mentioned

to 1. changed to 11.1

to 2. looks like I messed it up while I was trying some different kexts

to 3. I added the dummy ALC292 kext while I was setting up after the main guide and changed it while I was trying the voodoo audio kext

I added Rehabman's FakePCIID_XHCI_mux kext and Rehabman's FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_audio kext

this first config.plist is the original one plus all the changes I made so far....

debug_20288.zip

• Administrators

You can't have VoodooHDA (+ AppleHDADisabler) at the same time as patched AppleHDA. Use either/or (latter will be better than former) but not both at the same time.

So, apart from audio, what would not be working now?

It doesn't look like any audio extensions are loaded based on your IOReg file.

Make sure you have the dummy kext installed in Library/Extensions then rebuild the kext cache.

Type in Terminal: sudo kextcache -i /

Then restart.

Thank you jpz4085
I did that and did a restart.
Something is still screwed. The AppleHDA.kext won't get loaded....
It also should show the Bluetooth part of my Broadcom Card in the USB tree. At least it did when I was playing with 10.13.1. The Webcam is working and visible in the USB tree.