[Help] Inspiron 5542 with Sierra

matemago

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

ok, you had left out SSDT-0 and SSDT-3.aml from previous attachment, need to put it back. Also need SSDT-PNLF.aml, I have attach updated DSDT and Config as well

Remove from /E/C/k/Other

• CodecCommander.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

Move AppleBacklightInjector.kext to /L/E from /E/C/k/Other

Repair permission and rebuild cache

5542_v2.zip

so far so good!

Jake i feel so happy right now, i've been sitting all day since your first post today jejejeje 

just this strange thing with the external usb3.0 hd. what could it be? if i connect it to the usb2.0 port, it works. 

is there anything i should take a look? 

yes. i only have two us3.0 devices. one is a kingston data traveler 3.0 64gb usbkey and this lexar workflow d256 hd. this is where i used to keep my time machine backup.

i used to have a sierra desktop hackintosh that i built with the correct parts and the gigabyte mobo was working fine with this external hd.

and if i connect it to an iMac or other real mac, it works.

i dont have one. instead i added another partition to install windows10 and dual boot. everything is working fine in windows and the usb3.0 drive is working too.

also, if i connect the drive to the left usb port, which is usb2, it works fine. so i think it has to be something else.

what if i update the bios? i have A04 but theres an update to A10. does it breaks my dsdt patches?  my sierra installation is working pretty good right now after i added a 2gb ram card, so now it has 6gb. 

i'm going to try to hide partitions in clover boot, so it only shows windows and mac to choose from but let me unhide recovery using F3.

i ordered a DW1702 wifi+bt card. so as soon it arrives, i will have a very compatible hackintosh =)

Thanks to Jake Lo, i have working audio with earphones and mic, sleep, graphics HD4400, latam keyboard, usb2.0 and nearly all usb3.0 plus trackpad. just need to find an hdmi cable to test it with audio. After that, i will make a post with all the files i used.