Pimp my Latitude 7480

Krupupakku

Hello Everyone,

First of all I would like to thank you all because reading (a lot of) threads in this forum I managed to install successfully OS Sierra on my latitude 7480 using a clover guide and bootpack guide for Kabylake I found on various threads on osxlatitude.com.

Specs:

- Processor: i7 7600U 2,9 MHz,

- GPU: intel HD 620,

- RAM: 16 GB 2400MHz DDR4,

- WIFI card: intel 8265 (not compatible -> I'm using a dongle at the moment)

- Touchpad: multi touch but I'dont know the model.

Now, I would like to finish tuning it.

In this moment I'm not able to solve these things:

- Wifi. I understood that intel cards are not compatible, but I don't know where can I find a list of compatible cards with Mac OS Sierra and latitude 7480 (I'm using a tp-link dongle but I don't like it at all).

- Bluetooth: as WiFi, it'ss not working (They are on same board).

- Headphone audio: speaker audio is working well, but I noticed that headphones are not working well; if I don't insert jack at 100%, it sounds crackle, if I fully insert it, it doesn't sound. (Dunno how to solve, using ubuntu, audio jack is fully working, so no hardware problem).

- Touchpad: it stopped working after installing clover on SSD instead of booting with usb installer. I'm sure there is a kext it's blocking it but I'm not able to find and fix it. (Keyboard is working after using voodooPS2controller.kext by rehab-man). Using usb mouse I temporarily "workarounded" the problem.

- iMessage, iCloud: I read some threads about how to fix but I don't understand nothing at all. (it is not a priority now.)

Anyone can help me?

Some ideas?

Thank you all.

Ok I just realized that if I boot with my usb installer, headphone audio and touchpad are working perfectly. Maybe I can install kext I use for usb boot.

I'm not an expert, so correct me if I'm wrong. Kext loaded during usb boot are located on efi partition of usb drive, isnt it?

• Moderators

this system has an Alps I2C touchpad and there's little development on it now.

I manage to get it to work with PS2 on boot but stops working after wake from sleep. 

you can read about it on the other threads by other members with the same or similar model 

Here's one

you should copy the clover folder from the USB to the installed EFI partition if it works better. No need to install to /L/E or /S/L/E

you can replace wifi/bluetooth combo with either DW1560 or DW1830 ...M.2 cards

depends if you made a legacy installer or uefi one. but all you have to do is check. EFI folder will either be on the root of the usb or  it will be in the efi partition which you would have to mount to check.

I made a UEFI installer :D

this system has an Alps I2C touchpad and there's little development on it now.

I manage to get it to work with PS2 on boot but stops working after wake from sleep. 

you can read about it on the other threads by other members with the same or similar model 

Here's one

you should copy the clover folder from the USB to the installed EFI partition if it works better. No need to install to /L/E or /S/L/E

you can replace wifi/bluetooth combo with either DW1560 or DW1830 ...M.2 cards

ok this evening I'll try to use this kext for alps touchpad, but before I'll try to copy my clover folder from usb to ssd. I noticed also that config.plist is a lot different. I'll also try to play a bit with them. 

Thanks for the advices guys.