E7450 High Sierra: usb port not working, screen luminosity issue

paulcrr

I managed to install HS on a 7450 i5-5600U. I followed the instructions by Jake Lo and used his last bootpack for A17 bios. I got good results, as my laptop runs pretty well on HS now. Thanks to this forum and Jake. 

Three questions:

1) in the post-installation process i tried to execute 'ssdtPRGen.sh-Beta', but terminal gave some error and didn't generate the aml file. Is that a problem?

2) One of the three usb ports doesn't work. Have I to flag something in 'kernel and kext Patches' on Clover Configurator?

3) I have a minor problem with screen luminosity at login (sometimes becomes dark a couple of times and I have to restore it with function keys. It's a common (little) problem?

• Administrators

Pike R Alpha's script is used to generate the necessary CPU power management SSDT for your CPU. Without the generated table, you will not gain proper CPU SpeedStep and Turbo boost. May be you can tell us how you obtained, setup and ran the script. Pike's GitHub repo is properly documented in terms of script setup and execution so, one can't normally go wrong if instructions are followed to the letter...

Re: USB ports, do you use the USB injector kext ? Do you have USB2.0 and USB3.0 onr only USB3.0. If they're all USB3.0, you may also need to install FakePCIID_XhCI_Mux to support USB2/USB3 multiplexing on your ports.

Thank you Herve´.

Now I have two files: ssdt.aml and ssdt.dsl. I suppose that I have to place the first in efi/clover/ACPI/Patched. Or is the second one?

Yes the USB ports are all Usb3. I admit my total ignorance about where to find FakePCIID_XhCI_Mux and above all how to install it.

USBinjectall did the trick. Now I have all three USB ports working. 

I have another issue with the screen. It becomes dark at the and of booting and sometimes I have to wait, than it goes on ´stop´ and after wake I have the screen again.

May be related to hibernation disabling?

Here is the output of terminal when I use the related commands. Something goes wrong.

MacBook-Air-di-7450:~ a7450$ sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
Password:
MacBook-Air-di-7450:~ a7450$ sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage
MacBook-Air-di-7450:~ a7450$ sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null
Usage: pmset <options>
See pmset(1) for details: 'man pmset'
MacBook-Air-di-7450:~ a7450$