[SUCCESS] E7440 10.13.3 update issues

punjabigator

I successfully updated to 10.13.3 from 10.13.2 and system rebooted. However after running permissions the system stuck on a boot and taking for ever to boot! I tried safe mode, single user mode and booted without kext catch but no luck!

Before updating I did replaced kexts from rehabman and new Liu kext as well. And 10.13.2 was working like a charm after these update. However I did not update any kexts in L\E folder, as I assumed that no update was available yet.

I have attached a picture for your preview! I tried using my usb but could not boot because it may have very old clover!

Thank you for any suggestions.

post-54679-0-97214200-1516760029_thumb.jpeg

post-54679-0-92538600-1516765459_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Jake and it did help and was able to boot and system is running. Just out of curiosity :

1. Do I still need a SSDT.aml to create and place it in patched folder? Currently I have a DDST and SSDT came with the boot pack.

2. What does following do:

Try dropping TableID:

CpuPM

Cpu0Ist

Thanks

Hi Jake, I complete the upgrade and encountered similar issues. I used your attached zip to resolve some issues

1. When I boot I get a scrambled screen at the Logo and at the login screen. The screen is ok if I go into sleep and then wake.
  2. Keyboard, Touchpad, and sound buttons are not working

Bios is updated to A21, Legacy Boot Option is disabled.

Latitude E7440 Core I5-4300U 1.9Ghz

Any help is greatly appreciated.