[HELP] E6540 High Sierra install

sunilkumar

• Moderators

Hey Jake - 

I also have the same hardware as a couple of the other users. :)

Dell Latitude E6540 with i7 4810MQ , Intel HD 4600 graphics , 16 Gig ram , 500gig hard drive and Radeon 8790M

I am the similar issue with the graphics getting scrambled and flickers, once the installer starts (it's like a vertical sync issue).  I'm wondering if I just have a line incorrect in the config.plist file, or if I'm dealing with an AMD Radeon issue at the Bios level (I don't see any way to address this in the bios).  I also noticed I have a really old bios. Rev A16.

I tried to download you complete boot pack (E6540_HD4600_Only.zip), but the site is not working to download them.

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated! :)

E6540_HD4600_Only is for HD4600 Only system, it won't work properly for your system with Optimus. Use the bootpack I had attached earlier in this thread.

You should update BIOS version to the latest at minimum A21 if A22 is not available. The artifacts issue could be having Legacy Option ROMS disabled in the BIOS. Try enabling it and see.

E6540_HD4600_Only is for HD4600 Only system, it won't work properly for your system with Optimus. Use the bootpack I had attached earlier in this thread.

You should update BIOS version to the latest at minimum A21 if A22 is not available. The artifacts issue could be having Legacy Option ROMS disabled in the BIOS. Try enabling it and see.

Thanks Jake.  Do you mean the " E6540_HS_A22_disabled-HD8790M.zip"?  I clicked that link to download, but the page didn't link to the files properly.  Can you repost those?  Thanks!  I'll update the bios too!  Thanks!

I had used Ralink 7601 USB wifi 480Mbps costs 3.5 USD and its working fine. Now everything works good. No Trackpad showing for R5 but working smoothly.

Now

Bluetooth working

Wifi usb Ralink 7601 working

Trackpad Working

HDA sound working

Card Reader Working

All USB ports working.

If admin allow me I want to contribute a Post and all files for the High Sierra Installation for E6540 with my laptop configurations.

• Like 2