[HELP] E6540 High Sierra install

sunilkumar

• Administrators

I would not expect so but there is no reason to use VoodooHDA when the ALC292 AppleHDA patch for the E6x40 has been available for the last 4 years...

Again, make sure you do not have any duplicate (and incorrect) PS2 controller kexts or settings that could affect your keyboard/trackpad.

my trackpad worked well with Release 5.zip  !

i tried install ALC292.kext. but not working . how to install it ? Default , Extract  E6540_HS_A22_disabled-HD8790M.zip (include AppleHDA , ALC292.kext ) and it not working !

-------update 

my audio worked well with kext AppleHDA-276.26-ALC292.zip on https://github.com/insanelydeepak/Patched-AppleHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12/tree/master/Laptop's

------thanks for all

• Administrators

For audio to work, you need to:

1. install ALC292 dummy kext (preferably in /L/E) and rebuild your cache
  2. inject audio layout-id 1 in DSDT device HDEF
  3. patch the vanilla AppleHDA kext as follows:
  • replace 8419D411 by 9202EC10
    replace 8508EC10 by 00000000

• Moderators

add CodecCommander.kext to /L/E

repair permission and rebuild cache

For sleep issue

Make sure to disable hibernation as it's a prerequisite to get sleep & wake to work Ok on a Hackintosh:

• sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
  • sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage
  • sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null

On 4/5/2018 at 8:03 AM, Jake Lo said:

add CodecCommander.kext to /L/E

repair permission and rebuild cache

For sleep issue

Make sure to disable hibernation as it's a prerequisite to get sleep & wake to work Ok on a Hackintosh:

• sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
  • sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage
  • sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null

Hi. I did add these kext to /L/E but when I test if they are loadeble, I received this:

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc664e0eec0 [0x7fff9686baf0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC292.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }
Code Signing Failure: not code signed
Validation Failures:
    Executable file doesn't contain kernel extension code (no kmod_info symbol or bad Mach-O layout).

Warnings:
    Personality CFBundleIdentifier differs from containing kext's (not necessarily a mistake, but rarely done):
        HDA Hardware Config Resource

Warnings:
    Personality CFBundleIdentifier differs from containing kext's (not necessarily a mistake, but rarely done):
        HDA Hardware Config Resource

/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC292.kext does not contain code for architecture x86_64.