[SUCCESS] DELL LATITUDE E5440 macOS Mojave 10.14 (Updated)

KemalALKIN

• Administrators

Whilst I can appreciate you worked hard on getting your Hackintosh up and working, your Clover folder remains nevertheless a pile of crap. Sorry if that upsets you but that's the way it is. This does not mean that your "work sucks"; only your Clover folder does. 

We have guides and fully developed/fully tested Clover packs available here:

Your published Clover folder, aside from being incomplete due to missing ACPI folder, contains many kexts that are useless and irrelevant to the E5440. Same with the Clover config file: many useless and irrelevant settings.

For instance, the following kexts are good for the bin:

• ApplePS2SmartTouchpad -> wrong kext (for Elan/FocalTech/Synaptics touchpads), you should be using Dr Hurt's kext for ALPS touchpads (VoodooPS2Controller R6 or later - see the relevant R&D subsection)
  • EFICheckDisabler -> not required
  • IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup -> useless on anything older than Broadwell
  • NullCPUPowerManagement -> inappropriate since full CPU power management is available once you generate your own CPUPM SSDT using Pike R Alpha's well-known generator. This kext also prevents Sleep to work since it basically disables CPU power management.
  • nVidiaGraphicsFixup -> useless since, according to the Config.plist, you run on 4th gen Intel HD4600 (or related) graphics
  • WhateverGreen -> useless, this is for AMD dGPU
  • XHCI-200-series-injector -> useless
  • XHCI-300-series-injector -> useless
  • XHCI-x99-series-injector -> useless
  • RealtekRTL8100 -> useless
  • RealtekRTL8111 -> useless
  • VoodooTSCSync -> useless

which makes a total of 12 useless kexts out of 20 and all are being injected according to your Clover config file...

To top it all:

• No Rehabman's FakePCIIDxxxx kexts -> do you really have things like graphics acceleration on iGPU or USB3.0 ports running ?
  • No battery management kext -> do you have battery monitoring working?
  • No audio patching kext -> do you have audio working?

Now on the Clover configuration side:

• no ACPI folder in your Clover EFI folder. Unless that's a deliberate removal on your part in your uploaded contents, you're not injecting any patched DSDT and SSDT.
  • ACPI: lots of ACPI patches are not even required, too many to list them all here
  • Boot: some strange activation of useless parameters, like npci=0x2000
  • Devices: no faking of desktop HD4600 id 0x0412
  • Graphics: you activated "Inject Intel" but specified no Azul layout-id at all. Layout id 0x0a260006 is required here
  • Kernel Patches: you've activated useless and irrelevant patches such as Kernel CPU, Kernel LAPIC or AppleIntelCPUPM
  • Kexts patches: many unnecessary patches and missing patches in that list, too many to list them all here
  • SMBIOS: nothing in your Config file (may be you deliberately removed this) but MBP11,1 is the target profile
  • System parameters: you inject Clover's kexts but you ought to change that to "Detect" especially if, as I can only suspect, you've installed add-on kexts to /S/L/E and/or /L/E.

I totally realise you meant well and only wished to provide some help but I have to recommend E5440 owners to stay away from your folder. It's confusing junk. I invite you to download the E5440_A13 pack posted in Jake's guide and compare. I also invite you to read my E6440 thread where, over the course of time, I've explained how the system should be configured to get the various hardware elements to full operational status. By far and large, most of the information remains relevant to the other E5x40 or E7x40 laptops since they share the same hardware components.

• Thanks 1

So, in fact of using this EFI pack from this post (ORIGINAL ONE, NOT ONE FROM Dreer)
can somebody help us to fix it?:

- Busy Timeout `IGPU` what makes us not able to boot our system up somethimes

- VGA PORT

- HDMI PORT

- Brightness

- Sleep & Wakeup

Those things are making this package not fully funcional, but it's still really nice pack AND IT WORKS MOSTLY.
So maybe there is no sense to make a new one, but to fix this one?

I will try to fix SD Card reader on my own when I know how to do that now, thanks @Hervé

• Administrators

Guys, it's been said for the last 4 years: there is no support for VGA on mobile 4th gen HD4600 and no working patch. The only Haswell laptops that I know of with (natively) working VGA running out of their iGPU were Optimus models fitted with HD4400 iGPU and a discrete nVidia dGPU.

For the rest (HDMI, brightness, Sleep/wake), all the necessary items are in JakeLo's pack, available in the above guide link. I suggest you all refer to it so that we do not re-invent the wheel on and on. Regarding the card reader, the required patch is already included in the patched DSDT of the pack. What more can we do or say?

• Thanks 1

I have found:

image.png

acpi-device | String | IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable

acpi-path | String | IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/RP01@1c0000/PXSX@0

image.png

What should I do with this patch from your link? I am gonna to do this first time, and I don't really know what should I do with it.

PS. Still don't know how to fix Sleep & WakeUp

I had Origin folder too, but I heard that I need to change DSDT in ,,Patched" folder when I want to add patched DSDT.

It replaced one from ,,Patched" folder and on IORegistry it looks like its singed as ,,Apple WiFi card" now.

Just take a look at your own, it's highly probable that I have f**ked up something.

IOService.ioreg