[SUCCESS] DELL LATITUDE E5440 macOS Mojave 10.14 (Updated)

KemalALKIN

• Administrators

The IOReg now shows a device SDXC so all should. be Ok; you should also see a SD card reader in your System Information (SysProfiler) window. Should be as follows:

SD_card_reader.png

I've looked at the DSDT you posted last Wednesday and patched it for SD card reader (there was a lot of errors that needed fixing, was it the raw table?). I did not look at any other potential patch that may be required...

Patched_DSDT.aml.zip

Upgraded to lastest BIOS, generated Origin folder by F4, compressed complete folder:

EFI.zip

Maybe you can take a look also at other things like HDMI, Sleep/WakeUp, Brightness, maybe touchpad gestures too?

I am totally green and newbie in Hackintosh Community, and I am not advanced enough to fix it on my own probably.

Then we can have working EFI for High Sierra for Dell Latitude E5440 here so It would be nice for E5440 users, everyone will appreciate it, especially that E5440 hackintosh popularity is bigger last time?

It would be nice, thanks for helping, best place I could find to fix issues with my E5440 hackintosh :D

1 hour ago, Jake Lo said:

Here, patched files from your A21 BIOS Origin folder

Replace contents into /EFI/Clover

Copy kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/CopyTo/L/E to /Library/Extensions

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

E5440_A21_Disable-Nvidia.zip

Looks like everything works except:

- Battery lvl, shows 0%

- Brightness still doesn't work

- Trackpad gestures works except 3-finger ones

- Trackpad sometimes seems to be buggy, somethimes is losing finger touch what cause for example coursor little jumping.

- Trackpad button somethimes doesn't work

- I don't know if it's maybe this pack bug or not, but siri stopped working (maybe randomly, not because of this pack)

She keeps saying: ,,Sorry, could you say that again?"

Unfortunatly I can't test HDMI output right now.

but what can I say, it's really great! A lot of things works better, gestures are detectable, you are magician!

• Moderators

Remove AppleBacklightInjector.kext from /S/L/E

Repair permissions and rebuild cache.

For touchpad, try removing VoodooPS2ControllerR6.kext and replace with this one

or perhaps adjusting the Finger-Z value. See this thread

Brightness control should work. Do you see the slider in display preference? Try Fn+F3 and Fn+Insert?

SD Card reader working?

Sleep / Wake working?

For Siri, could be a microphone issue. Try changing the audio layout-id from 28 to 12 in the Config.plist file under Devices 

7 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Remove AppleBacklightInjector.kext from /S/L/E

Repair permissions and rebuild cache.

For touchpad, try removing VoodooPS2ControllerR6.kext and replace with this one

or perhaps adjusting the Finger-Z value. See this thread

Brightness control should work. Do you see the slider in display preference? Try Fn+F3 and Fn+Insert?

SD Card reader working?

Sleep / Wake working?

For Siri, could be a microphone issue. Try changing the audio layout-id from 28 to 12 in the Config.plist file under Devices 

Brightness works after removing AppleBacklightInjector.kext from /S/L/E,

there was no slider in display preference before, thanks!

Touchpad, Finger-Z value helped, I still need to find my best value but changed from 30 to 15 and works slightly better.

SD Card reader is working

Sleep / Wake seems working, no reboot like before, sleeps WIFI etc.

Siri, changed auto layout-id from 28 to 12 in the Config.plist and still doesn't work.

Even connected USB mic and its the same issue.