[SOLVED] Unable to get High Sierra (10.13.3) or Sierra (10.12.6) to boot on Dell Latitude E7270

ricksimpson

• Moderators

You have OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, and OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi.

You need to use only 1 or the other, not all together.

Follow instruction on post #9, I'll patch your files for you, could be some differences in your system and mine so the DSDT/SSDT is not working for you.

Hi Jake,

Happy to report we are up and running, found the culprit - the config file I was using for whatever reason was making it freak out.  (I've attached the one that worked)

Boots up now and install was successful.

I can report the following issues however...

- Pulling or Plugging the power in causes the system to lock up and freeze.

- Adjusting sound or brightness via FN key locks up the system.

- Have to reboot clover sometimes as OS wont boot, however a power off fixes it.

- CAPS Lock is incredibly slow to respond, have to hard press caps lock to get it to work.

- HDMI out causes black screen on panel, but does out put HDMI.

- Sleep wont function.

- Ethernet also doesn't work.

I have ordered a WIFI card for it, a DW1560 to get the wifi going.

Any ideas or fixes for the above issue list? Are there after kexts I need to install into the OS?

Thanks for your help.

config.plist.zip

• Moderators

Disable "Enable Legacy Option ROMs" - should fix the power adapter hanging and Ethernet issue

Cap Locks is a known issue with the current PS2 kext, not update version for now. Workaround, tab twice to enable Lock, twice to disable

To fix the HDMI issue, you need to add custom EDID, can be found in the original Config file

Also MBP13,3 causes issue too, change it to MBP13,1 will help

The Config file you're using now has different SSDT sorted order, change it to make the original Config

• Moderators

Yes, those are most updated versions?

If still failed...

Try going into Options when you see the Clover loader, use the right arrow to navigate

Select ACPI patching-> Tables Dropping->

Go all the way down and deselect Drop all OEM SSDT

Check all the Drop "SSDT-xx" below that

Select Return

Change DSDT name: BIOS.aml or anything other than DSDT.aml

Select Return, Return

Hit spacebar to select Verbose mode + debug 0x100 mode

What the above does is to not use the patched DSDT/SSDT if it's a BIOS dependent issue.

Post result with this setting...