[HELP] Dell inspiron 15 7577

Ragu

Jake, MBP14,1 had no effect.

But while searching I have found a post of a guy with another version of this notebook where he wanted to disable his Geforce. And there he provided his Clover folder. I have tried his but had no luck. And then RehabMan has helped me. He said to add boot option "-cdfon" for WhateverGreen.kext. This option didn't help with your Clover but worked with his Clover folder. So I am very happy that iGPU acceleration started to work finally.

I am adding my EFI folder here. Maybe you can understand what exactly allowed Intel graphics to work.

But indeed I have noticed that with your EFI folder Geforce is disabled but here it is not. And I could not find what I must do to disable Geforce looking at your config.plist. Could you help me with that if you know? Also notebook can't sleep at all. And I don't have touchpad on this EFI but it worked with your files. If you could figure out how to update your EFI files to enable graphics I would prefer them because of touchpad and disabled Geforce.

EFI.zip

What I did is this. I use Clover installed + all your files and put two plists: yours and that one. So from that guy I use only his plist. Yours doesn't work. So the difference is only in config.plist. All other files are yours.

• Thanks 1

Hi.. Friend I have the same model... Can you please send the final working EFI zip of working touchpad & disabled Nvidia GForce..! It will be helpful for me... Because I don't know deep about kext patching, ssdt dsdt exc... Thanks for the details above...

Hello guys, 

I've been following this topic for the last days. I have a nearly perfect working installation (High Sierra) but I still have a coule of issues I cannot solve.

1. No idea how to disable discrete graphics. I've tried but it's too complicated for my skills.

2. Battery life is awful (I suppose because of Nvidia)

3. Occasional kernel panics after sleep.

4. If I don't boot into macos for a couple of days and only use windows, which is installed on separate nvme, it won't boot unless I first boot in safe mode -x and the reboot normally (very odd).

5. I don't know if m y kext are installed correctly. I get the following message when I try to rebuild the kextcahe:

Gabriels-MacBook-Air:~ gabriel$ sudo kextcache -i /

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f81e6300160 [0x7fff9b4b4af0]> { URL = "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" } and the same for all the other.

Besides these issues it's pretty stable for daily usage and quite snappier than windows.

I'm attaching screenshots of my kexts and the folders where they're installed compared to those of Jake's and my config.plist

If anyone needs my EFI folder to work around I can upload everything.

Greetings,

Gabriel

config.plist.zip

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 14.04.18.png