E6440 High Sierra

ssprod

(Solved) Greetings..

Attempting to do a 10.13.2 installation on my newly acquired E6440  (BiosA14- i5 4310-HD4600 1366x768). Herve's guide successfully ran Sierra, but will the Enoch Bootloader work with High Sierra? Is there a similar "E" series guide that I can follow for H.Sierra? Thanks very much!

• Administrators

For the record, Enoch does fully support High Sierra. However, it does not support installation of High Sierra nor its upgrades. I wish I can add "yet" because I hope it's only a matter of time before Chameleon/Enoch are updated to the double-phased approach introduced with 10.13. Regretfully, ErmaC appears the be more or less the only dev left who still works on this great bootloader.

Clover has therefore confirmed its lead and method of choice re: High Sierra installation (and subsequent updates). As such, even though I still run all my Hacks on Enoch, I've had to call on Clover for initial High Sierra installation and still need to call on the Clover-based USB installer to complete the updates.

Thank you, Herve. I'm clear on the clover/High Sierra then. Thanks to you and your work on the 6440 BootPack, I'm up and running with High Sierra 10.13.2. Many thanks also to Jake Lo for instructing me on the necessary kexts I required to get my 1520 wifi card recognized on this machine. One thing I'd like to address, if possible, is limiting the frequency that the fan turns on/off. I'd be happy to post my EFI+Kexts if that's cool. Once again, thank you very much.