Help with lion install on my D630

rjjd

Hi . i have an D630 with an intel945gm video card and i want to install lion from scratch with help from an usb drive were lion is installed to. I installed edp 2.2 on the usb drive and copied an extra file in the root and repaired the permission on the usb drive, When i boot up de laptop in instantly see an KP with the message: unable to find the driver for this platform \ACPI\ and so on.

i do not have anything installed on the HD. i tried several boot cd reinstalled the usb on different ways , no luck :(

i am an mac newbie , Can some tell me what to do exactly to get lion installed on my D630.. Help will be thankfull.

• Administrators

was the extra file for your model? try booting -x -v. and shut off the ethernet from bios during install... also intel wireless gives issues installing osx so if you have one remove it or disable it also in bios as it will not work in osx. if it's broadcom then you might be ok depending on which one it is.

was the extra file for your model? try booting -x -v. and shut off the ethernet from bios during install... also intel wireless gives issues installing osx so if you have one remove it or disable it also in bios as it will not work in osx. if it's broadcom then you might be ok depending on which one it is.

I disabled wireless and internal network card and boot up the laptop with -x -v the same KP shows up.. ?? is there an specific install guide for my d630 I have seen several manuals and extra files and so on . What and where can i pickup the correct one?