E7440 10.13.3 backlight and open lid reboot problem

yuhui1986

hi jake lo:

when i used your E7440_A21_HS clover profile on my e7440 hs 10.13.3 i5 4310 8g*2 256ssd 1080p ips. everything is fine but 2 problem was trable me.

1、backlight auto reduce when use battery. 

everytime when i power on the laptop,the backlight auto reduce is work fine with the power supply plug in or not. but when i restart the laptop, it's not work normal.

after many time's testing, i find when i used -V in clower boot arguments, it's work normal. i think it's not the key about the problem.

2、auto reboot after i open the lid

everytime when i reboot the laptop with the lid close,only use extend montior. when hs started, i try to open the lid the laptop auto reboot. but reboot with the lid open, everything was find.

• Administrators

for your backlight issue you can try replacing clover driver osxaptiofixdrv or 2 whichever your using from clover installer's configure tab with either osxaptiofixdrv3 or better yet aptiofix driver only use one of those 2 drivers

the latest clover installer should have at least osxaptiofixdrv3 as an option. if you chose to compile clover yourself with Build_Clover.command script then it will also build aptiofix driver option into the clover installer which is usually a better option then what clover has built in.

if for some reason your machine gets stuck at boot because of changing this driver you can try boot with slide=0 boot option/ flag from clover GUI.