ejaimes

Dell XPS L502X High Sierra FineTune

The box is available to check but it keeps unchecking and the energy saving preference keeps setting back to default.

I had the same issue with sierra earlier then i installed latest acpibattery manager kext and it solved it

I'll upload the zip of extra and additional kexts in few hours

You can try using a DSDT patch made by @RehabMan.

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#battery_Dell-XPS-L502x.txt

# created by Dangersam 2013-11-27

# works for:
#  Dell XPS L502x
#  Dell 1464/1564 (per dhnguyen92)
#  Dell XPS L501x (per wofy)

into method label B1B2 remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
Method (B1B2, 2, NotSerialized) { Return(Or(Arg0, ShiftLeft(Arg1, 8))) }\n
end;

# fix an error in this DSDT
into method label _DSM parent_label PEGP code_regex Arg0\n.*Arg1\n.*Arg2\n.*Arg3\n remove_matched;

# 16-bit registers
into device label EC0 code_regex CAP0,\s+16 replace_matched begin AP00,8,AP01,8 end;
into device label EC0 code_regex VOT0,\s+16 replace_matched begin OT00,8,OT01,8 end;
into device label EC0 code_regex CRT0,\s+16 replace_matched begin RT00,8,RT01,8 end;
into device label EC0 code_regex FCP0,\s+16 replace_matched begin CP00,8,CP01,8 end;
into device label EC0 code_regex DCP0,\s+16 replace_matched begin DP00,8,DP01,8 end;
into device label EC0 code_regex DVT0,\s+16 replace_matched begin VT00,8,VT01,8 end;
into device label EC0 code_regex BSN0,\s+16 replace_matched begin SN00,8,SN01,8 end;

# fix 16-bit methods
into method label _BST code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.EC0\.CAP0, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.AP00,^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.AP01), end;
into method label _BST code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.EC0\.VOT0, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.OT00,^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.OT01), end;
into method label _BST code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.EC0\.CRT0, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RT00,^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RT01), end;
into method label _BIF code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.EC0\.DCP0, replace_matched begin (B1B2(^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.DP00,^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.DP01), end;
into method label _BIF code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.EC0\.FCP0, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.CP00,^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.CP01), end;
into method label _BIF code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.EC0\.DVT0, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.VT00,^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.VT01), end;
into method label _BIF code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.EC0\.BSN0, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SN00,^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SN01), end;

You're right about the TrackPad PrefPane when battery is out. I'd never experienced this before and indeed reproduced it in High Sierra and Mojave. All I have is a message saying the computer is waiting for a Bluetooth TrackPad (whether the associated BT option is enabled or not).

TrackPad_message.png

Since it's a known macOS bug, there's little you can do about it unless Apple offer a fix or you replug the battery...

As expected, my battery icon totally dropped out of the Finder's bar when I took it out and, of course, I was not able to tick the option to display it in the Energy Saver PrefPane. That's perfectly normal.

I had similar issue in sierra and before using the new acpi battery manager kext 

I used trackpad prefpane from el cap

It works but settings get reset to default after reboot

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/315768-blank-trackpad-setting-in-sierra/

Using sierra prefpane might work but a better solution would be to force os to display battery somehow

Since when u check the box in setting it displays no battery for a fraction of second

Understandably its a difficult approach but someone from the community might be able to work on it

There are scripts that will ensure you retain your TrackPad settings on reboot. See DrHurt's ALPS Touchpad's thread here:

It's somewhere in the thread, can't remember where.

• Like 1