M4800-Bootloop after updating to 12.6

tanphu194

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me try that. It was strange, my system was fine until that update. Also noticed today my wifi went “no hardware found” when I boot with -v,-s and -nvdisable=1. It was fine last night but not sure if it was because I updated Clover

• Moderators

lilu and nvdiagraphicsfixup needs to be in /E/C/kexts/Other

If you're running on the Nvidia graphics, you need to use a board-id from an iMac SMBIOS.

So if your SMBios is MBP9,2, just replace the board-d with this Mac-4B7AC7E43945597E

For Wifi, see here and here

• Administrators

yes clover changed kext to patch requirements. right now you have short names for kext to patch identifiers names. you have to use full bundle id names.

go to system information app then software tab and select extensions.

let it populate and look for all the kexts you need to update in your config.plist then select it.

the bundle id should show like this 

Bundle ID: com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

copy com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 and paste it into kext name replacing the short version which you have as AirPort.Brcm4360 do the same for all your other kext patches.

Hooray!!!!! Everything is back! I can see the light again!

On a side note, I need to install lilu and nvidiafixup into /s/l/e by whatever reason (last time I mismatched the versions of those). I will have black screen if they are put in c/k/o.

One more question: if I want to upgrade to High Sierra can I just install it from the update? 

As far as I understand:

1. Install the update High Sierra

2. Find the apfs.efi file then copy it into Efi/clover/drivers64UEFI

Tell me before I hit the damn button  8-)

Thanks, 

I just don't understand Step 3 under Firmware Features. What should we change that value to? 

Let me rephrase this: 

1. Make the installation media
  2. Copy my current bootpack with the generic EFI, and update the config.plist file
  3. Install
  4. perform post install steps

post-111798-0-93042600-1519016851_thumb.png

• Moderators

Your current Config does not have that information. Use latest Clover Configurator to edit the Config file. When generating a new SMBIOS or just reselecting the same SmBIOS will update it with those serials. 

According to here, 10.13. is working if you have K2100 card, might work on others. Looks like he installs Nvidia drivers