E7450 Issues (Graphic Glitch, Battery Indicator) [10.13.3]

FaserF

Hi I have the following issues left on my Hackbook, is there anybody who could help me?

1. After every boot my display turns black or looks pretty buggy. I have to close and open up my notebook to fix this. It is kinda annyoing, is there any fix?
--------> I have to boot with "Enable Legacy Boot" DISABLED, if I enable it my macos wont boot anymore.
--------> I have injected the following kext files into /L/E and on Clover /kext/Other: Lilu, AppleBackligtInjector, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelGraphicsDVMFixup
--------> I have a patched ssdt active in clover ACPI/patched
For an example have a look at the attachement.

2. My battery indicator worked with the ACPIBatteryManager.kext but unfortunately it stopped working sometimes, now on every reboot the battery indicator went away (have to reenable it in settings) and the percentage works but then wont change.

3. I would love to use my WWAN Module, I have loaded the kext and it show up in the system report but doesnt work. I have written more HERE.

4. My Boot time is pretty slow. I have read it could have to do something with TRIM? How can I disable it? trimforce disable tells me it now wants to enable trim??

5. I can not wake up my notebook with the trackpad/keyboard, only with the power button. Is that normal?

6. At the moment I have a new problem, my macos will sometimes not boot at all, it freezes at the beginning (always near HID: Legacy Shim..., But not always at the exact same line), I will attach a photo at the OP.
---> Looks fixed, was due to my ssdt file. I don't have to use one. And updated all ssdt's.

7. Wifi (I am using a Wifi Dongle) and Bluetooth (integrated with the Intel Wifi+Bluetooth) wont work after resuming from sleep.

Thank you already for any help!

post-103297-0-38484900-1519918940_thumb.jpeg

post-103297-0-49809900-1520107972_thumb.jpg

debug_140.zip

Origin.zip

• Like 1

• Moderators

1. After every boot my display turns black or looks pretty buggy. I have to close and open up my notebook to fix this. It is kinda annyoing, is there any fix?

--------> I have to boot with "Enable Legacy Boot" DISABLED, if I enable it my macos wont boot anymore.

--------> I have injected the following kext files into /L/E and on Clover /kext/Other: Lilu, AppleBackligtInjector, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelGraphicsDVMFixup

--------> I have a patched ssdt active in clover ACPI/patched

For an example have a look at the attachement.

You have duplicate kexts in /E/C/k/Other and /L/E. Only kexts you need in /L/E are in the folder /E/C/k/Other/LE

So remove from /L/E : IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelGraphicsDVMFixup, Lilu, and ACPIBatteryManager

Repair permission and rebuild cache after the removal of the above kexts

Note: Don't need AppleHDA_ALC293, FakePCIID, and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics in /E/C/k/Other , can be removed as well

2. My battery indicator worked with the ACPIBatteryManager.kext but unfortunately it stopped working sometimes, now on every reboot the battery indicator went away (have to reenable it in settings) and the percentage works but then wont change.

Could be due to #1

3. I would love to use my WWAN Module, I have loaded the kext and it show up in the system report but doesnt work. I have written more HERE.

No experience with WWAN, try to follow Hervé's advice

4. My Boot time is pretty slow. I have read it could have to do something with TRIM? How can I disable it? trimforce disable tells me it now wants to enable trim??

I'm assuming you had installed in APFS format?

In any case, you can disable it by going into the Config.plist and disable the TRIM patch under kextToPatch, save and reboot.

5. I can not wake up my notebook with the trackpad/keyboard, only with the power button. Is that normal?
Yes, that's normal if it sleeps with LID open. But if it sleep with LID close and you open it and still have to tap the power button, then no.
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for your time.

1. Sadly this problem is not solved. I still have the same graphic issues. Did what you said. I have attached a new debug file in the original post.

2. Fixed! Thank you!!

3. Ongoing, I will try it.

4. Yes I am using APFS. Where exactly do I find this option? When I open the config via a textedit, is the following line correct:
<key>Comment</key>

<string>Enable Trim on SSD</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

• Moderators

You still have Lilu.kext in /S/L/E, but no harm.

I see you have BIOS A19, I assume that being the latest since I only have A18 on my system.

Interesting, A18 no longer found in Dell download...guess I'll have to update it to A19 too.

Try going into Options when you see the Clover loader, use the right arrow to navigate

Select ACPI patching-> Tables Dropping->

Go all the way down and deselect Drop all OEM SSDT

Check all the Drop "SSDT-xx" below that

Select Return

Change DSDT name: BIOS.aml or anything other than DSDT.aml

Select Return, Return

Hit spacebar to select Verbose mode + debug 0x100 mode

What the above does is to not use the patched DSDT/SSDT if it's a BIOS dependent issue.

If it boots with that setting, then we could try exporting new raw file and I'll repatch them for you.

Empty /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin before rebooting to Clover, Hit F4. Compress and attach the Origin folder for patching.

I also notice the debug folder does not have the IOREg file but a text file, hard to read through that. While running the debug script, do not do anything until it's finish. It suppose to download the IORegistryExplorer.app and extract the file. If it still fails, then try downloading this IORegistryExplorer_v2.1.zip save, compress and attach the file

A18 was there to fix Intels Security Issues but it got critical issues like system crashing. Thats why Dell has removed the BIOS. A19 is pretty new with the fix included. I am running it with High Sierra, no issues.

I did everything you said in the clover options (THANKS a lot for the detailed infos) and it still boots. I have also Empty /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin.

The debug folder has no IOREG as the script failed to create it (permission failed). If have now attached one in the OP.

UPDATE: The Black Screen issue still persists but now I can boot with "Enable Legacy ROM" in BIOS enabled.

UPDATE2: The Black Screen issue nearly went away!!! Now I can boot, the display will really shortly turn off (less than one second) and then it works! Thank you.

I think it was the combination of fixing up the kexts from you and turning on "Enable Legacy Rom"

BUT now the screen randomly goes black for less then one second while using the hackbook

• Moderators

The attached IOReg file, is that while booting without DSDT/SSDT?

I'm asking because if you're not, then your boot files must be from a different source.

I noticed you have injected EDID, shouldn't need it. Disable it or remove it.

the attached file was was with DSDT/SSDT booting.

I have now removed the EDID injection in clover and LILU from S/L/E.

Now I have done a reboot again and the old issue is there again with the screen turning black. So sadly no improvement there.

• Moderators

Re export the IOReg and attach

The previous IOReg has GFX0 and B0D3 showing which are not correct since it's already patched to IGPU and HDAU respectively.

HECI is not rename to IMEI, there's no SD Card patch.

This tells me that either your boot source is not what you have attached or you had booted without the DSDT/SSDT.