E7450 Issues (Graphic Glitch, Battery Indicator) [10.13.3]

FaserF

Nobody with a solution?
Right now I cant really use my hackbook. When I start it it wont boot. I have to go to the clover options, apply the settings from post #6 and then I can boot (with bluetooth and more not working), after another reboot it starts fine ONCE. Then when I reboot it again I have to reapply the settings again.

In this state the hackbook sadly is not really usable.

• Administrators

if you modify the config file directly the changes should be permanent. also make sure you do not have a second clover EFI folder somewhere like in root or on a different partition it can cause issues like what you are having. sometimes chooses one sometimes chooses the other.

• Moderators

@FaserF

Looking at IOReg file in your debug file shows some strange issue. I see GFX0 rather than IGPU, so I guess you're collecting the debug while booting without the DSDT/SSDT? or you're booting from a different source as Bronteck mentioned above.

Anyway, here's a new bootpack for BIOS A19. Replace the contents into /EFI/Clover. Then replace the DSDT/SSDT with the attached into /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Files patched from your origin folder.

Leave out DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext. If you have it already in /L/E, remove it

Repair permission and rebuild cache.

E7450_FaserF.zip

• Thanks 1

I have booted from the internal EFI partition, maybe I have done something wrong while collecting the files, sorry.

Thank you so much, I have just replaced all files and now my hackbook is booting fine and the graphic glitch at the start-up went away.

Thank you soooo much for your patience with me and the detailed explanations. I am extremely happy right now. :)

On 3/25/2018 at 5:45 PM, Jake Lo said:

@FaserF

Looking at IOReg file in your debug file shows some strange issue. I see GFX0 rather than IGPU, so I guess you're collecting the debug while booting without the DSDT/SSDT? or you're booting from a different source as Bronteck mentioned above.

Anyway, here's a new bootpack for BIOS A19. Replace the contents into /EFI/Clover. Then replace the DSDT/SSDT with the attached into /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Files patched from your origin folder.

Leave out DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext. If you have it already in /L/E, remove it

Repair permission and rebuild cache.

E7450_FaserF.zip 46.76 kB · 6 downloads

Hi Jake,

I have two of the problems listed in the OP on my E7250 running 10.13.6. The first one is the screen turning black after reboot, I checked the debug file and I don't have any duplicate kexts. The second one is with the battery percentage not changing. I've tried a lot of things except changing my DSDT because I couldn't figure it out and I don't have any duplicate kexts that I know of. I had success with using the old 1.70.2 ACPIBatteryManager.kext but that only lasted 2 days.

debug_7769.zip

On 5/20/2019 at 2:07 AM, adg160 said:

Thanks so much! Everything is working as it should and it feels like I'm on an actual MacBook Pro. The only issue that I have is that iMessage hogs the CPU and the power.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 4.12.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 4.13.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 4.12.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 4.13.09 PM.png

Chrome has also been giving me problems with CPU and energy but when I run Windows 10 Pro on the same laptop the laptop stays cool, smooth, and the fans don't start running while on the same amount of tabs. Anybody out there with an answer? I don't want to ruin my laptop with the constant heat and the way it pushes itself if I missed something. Thanks in advance.