Dell Optiplex 3050 DVMT setup issues

flexrac

• Moderators

you should run setup_var 0x796 just to see what value it's currently set to before changing it

If you changed it previously and don't know the default, just go to the BIOS and set Load Default and apply.

That will set it back to the default.

Then try the different values to see what works best. You could easily switch it back. 

You could disable IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext during Clover boot so you don't have to remove it to test.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have managed to run setup_var 0x795 @ 0x4 (128mb) and checked now my system boots fine without DVMTfixup.kext.

But I must keep intelgraphicsfixup.kext in order to boot.

Now main question is what would I patch for my Display Port (DP) showing up as a 00 08 00 00 instead of 00 04 00 00.

files.zip

• Administrators

Follow the same principles as detailed in the illustrated Ivy Bridge HD4000 and/or Haswell HD4600 patching guides available here:

1. look-up the framebuffer corresponding to your layout-id
  2. look-up the output display port in IOReg
  3. apply the patch, either as a direct kext binary mod or as a Clover on-the fly patch

Jake Lo

Finally got 4k working, dual displays (connected all the times) not after login you have to connect second one once logged in.

Now 4k, dual display, Imessage, Facetime, On board audio (except rear jack but it doesnt bother me), HDMI Audio, Power management and all usb ports.

What does not work is sleep I dont know how I got it done before but tonight I will nail it down. Will have good news. I am getting close to 100%.

My main question is why my about mac doesnt show 5k, late 2016 etc.

I have to approach slightly differently for sleep/wake as my setup is completely diff than before where many thing were not working.

Will work on EDID & SSDT patch for 530 in order to sleep/wake to work and see if I can bring it down to complete setup.

Many thanks

Shania

• Moderators

No, sleep had never been working for HD530 or HD630 for any version of MacOS, that's why I was curious how you're able to accomplish it.

Could be EDID, but I had tried that before too, perhaps you did something else differently. Hope you're able to nail it down again.

Sleep/ Wake worked on HD4600 on Sierra but not on High Sierra on my Optiplex 9020 FF (Haswell). It'll just reboot on wake just as does my Optiplex 7040 (Skylake).

Apologies for reporting back late. As we were attacked by ransomware and were trying to recover data but anyway coming back to 530 sleep issue treid almost everything that I could remember but no luck.

When I try to use dsdt patch as per below my system does not boot and get stop sign after loading bar. Many have succeeded using this patch.

# inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" into IGPU (GFX0 originally)

into device label GFX0 set_label begin IGPU end;
into_all all code_regex GFX0 replaceall_matched begin IGPU end;
into method label _DSM parent_label IGPU remove_entry;
into device label IGPU insert begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Store (Package()\n
        {\n
            "model", Buffer() { "Intel HD Graphics 530" },\n
            "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
            "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x1b, 0x19 },\n
            "AAPL,Gfx324", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01 },\n
            "AAPL,GfxYTile", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01 },\n
            "AAPL00,PanelPowerUp", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x30 },\n
            "AAPL00,PanelPowerOn", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x19 },\n
            "AAPL00,PanelPowerOff", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x11 },\n
            "AAPL00,PanelPowerDown", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x3C },\n
            "AAPL00,PanelCycleDelay", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFA },\n
            "device-colors", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x9D, 0x9D, 0xA0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00  },\n
        }, Local0)\n
    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
    Return (Local0)\n
}\n
end;