E6420 High Sierra HDMI issue

Liquid007

Hi All

Have managed to successfully install High Sierra on a Latitude E6420 using the Boot pack and the E6420_Optipmus_A23.zip file.

Everything seems to be working fine, however I can't seem to get the HDMI output on the E6420 working.

What can I do to fix this issue? I've searched the forums however I cannot find anything specific for the E6420 and HDMI. Is there a setting I have missed in  Clover or a Kext file haven't included?

I'm quite new to the world of Hackintosh, so go easy on me, but happy to provide any files you request or screenshot you might need from me in order to help me out with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

Since you're using the Optimus bootpack, I assume you have the model with NVS4200m which is now disabled via DSDT patching.

The NVS4200m is not supported in High Sierra at the moment, so due to that and that HDMI is hardwired to it, you won't have access to it with HD3000.

If you want to use HDMI, go with the model without the Nvs4200m.

Hi Jake Lo

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure I understand what you mean "If you want to use HDMI, go with the model without the Nvs4200m"

Are you suggesting I should just use the E6420_HD3000 Bootpack and not the E6420_Optimus one?

Or are you simply stating that I should have gone for a E6420 that didnt have the NVS4200m built into it?

Many thanks