Optiplex 3050 High Sierra

flexrac

Hi, I have an Dell Optiplex 3050 Micro (MacMini-like form factor) with i3 7100T and Intel HD 630, Dell BIOS version 1.7.9. Almost everything looks fine (haven't looked into audio yet), except sleep mode.

Have you guys managed to get a functional Wake from sleep ? Mine does not come back from sleep (black screen, display stays in sleep mode). Thanks!

• Like 1

Update: I was having problems when shutting down the system.

it would turn off and then turn back on, i turned off wake by usb device in the Bios and that solved the problem.

I also updated to bios version 1.7.9

So, i was reading the drivers info for the audio card on dells website and their latest driver fixes an issue where the rear audio defaults to the internal speaker. seems like there is an issue with either just the drivers or the way dell designed the system.

could mean nothing for us or explains a lot, don't know.

1. modified my config plist
  2. used  Mirone apple HDA patcher along with his HDA enablers    
  3. https://github.com/Mirone
  4. I did notice at the end of patching it said that it did not patch anything but still outputted an HDA kext
  5. so I placed it along with HDA enabler 3 in S/L/E and repaired Cache (used a utility found elsewhere to move and repair)
  6. no layout ID selected in plist, that's what the enabler 3 kext is for.
  7. restarted system and basically have the same issue, internal or Headphones jacks only.

• Tried Sleep
  • system goes to sleep but upon wakeup, it just restarts.

Photoshop crashes without the LiLu kext.

config.plist.zip

AppleHDA-280.12-ALC255.zip

Update: I was having problems when shutting down the system.

it would turn off and then turn back on, i turned off wake by usb device in the Bios and that solved the problem.

I also updated to bios version 1.7.9

So, i was reading the drivers info for the audio card on dells website and their latest driver fixes an issue where the rear audio defaults to the internal speaker. seems like there is an issue with either just the drivers or the way dell designed the system.

could mean nothing for us or explains a lot, don't know.

Same I have updated to 1.7.9 still no luck on rear but I dont mind to be honest as I will be using bluetooth or wireless speaker or front jack. for HDMI audio did you use clover hdmi patch from toleda it will generate ssdt for 630 I guess I dont have 630 but believe it will be same as 530.