Optiplex 3050 (Skylake): seeking help for High Sierra

shania

Yh I get hdmi audio with 0x5, 0x6 and with 0x5, 0x6 for sleep I may have done few things when I was trying to get many things to work. Have you tried hibernate 25 terminal code?

I have already tried max pixel clock v2 patch it didnt help me then I tried coredisplayfixup.kext patch but not getting 4k breakthrough. That is the only thing left me to get complete my setup to 90% then I would like to move on to dual display.

I dont mind if my rear jack doesnt work properly I am not really keen as I can still play any speaker or headphone using front jack as well as bluetooth dongle I have mac compatible.

Will check revert back with sleep/wake what exactly I did.. to get it work

@Shania, I tried your audio patches and kext and ended up with the same results as before, internal audio or headphone jack in the front works.

no rear audio. 

Yes with my config Audio works nicely with layout id 3 and sound is not breaking or making heavy background noise. And good thing abt my setup you dont need patched applehda.kext it works natively. So when you do upgrade sound will work straightway using clover.

Did you patch your hdmi and dp using frame buffer?

• Moderators
I have already tried max pixel clock v2 patch it didnt help me then I tried coredisplayfixup.kext patch but not getting 4k breakthrough. That is the only thing left me to get complete my setup to 90% then I would like to move on to dual display.

If you used the pixel v2 patch prior to using the coredisplayfixup.kext, you might want to revert back to the vanilla state to use the CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.

Yh I get hdmi audio with 0x5, 0x6 and with 0x5, 0x6 for sleep I may have done few things when I was trying to get many things to work. Have you tried hibernate 25 terminal code?

Setting hibernatemode to 25 shuts down the system.  :cry:

Follow instructions from here to post relevant info, might get some clues to why wake works for you. Thanks.

gen_debug -sysprofile

Hi Jack Lo,

I have reinstalled to get coredisplayfixup to vanilla and started all over again I broke my sleep wake. I did try many things to get my 4k display to work including patched edid etc now I dont know which one worked. I had only little time to see what worked before but this evening will give it a go again and will try to remember what was applied.

I guess my 4k issue related to about my mac doesnt shows 5k retina display late 2015 etc and my display port connector type shows 00 08 00 00 instead of 00 04 00 00. I guess for me not to try something new for 4k until I sort this two problems. I think they all are related to 4k.

Will report back for sleep this evening.

files.zip

post-119320-0-61655700-1521713196_thumb.png