E6530 NVidia Audio issue - Sierra

Ardman78

I've managed to get a clean install of Sierra working but have not managed to get a few hardware issues sorted out.  The biggest is the audio.  As soon as I install the audio kext and reboot, I get artifacts all over the screen.  This doesn't happen when the kext is not loaded.  

My spec:

Dell E6530 Latitude

Intel 4000/NVS5200 Nvidia

16Gb RAM

i7 

Any pointers would be great.

• Moderators

Follow instructions from here to debug issue

gen_debug -sysprofile

Are you running with Optimus enabled or disabled?

If enabled, then you need to use BIOS A13, no higher. Known artifacts issue with higher versions of Bios.

• Like 1

Hi Jake

I am running with Optimus enabled and everything is great until I install the Apple IDT kext into the Library/Extensions folder.  However, I since found your HD4000 and Optimus pack and found a AppleHDA kext in there.  I've put that in my kexts folder and the audio is working without the artifacts, so thank you :)

Now, just need to get the Webcam working.

I just tried to update Sierra via the App Store and whilst it appeared to install correctly, I got stuck in a kernel panic boot cycle.  I reinstated my EFI folder that I backed up before the update and no different. :(  Won't be installing the update again.

Urgh, I got the webcam working thanks to another post on here and now my artifacts are back.  Everything seems to still be working but the graphics is a little frustrating.  I've tried disabling Optimus in the BIOS and I'm running A13.  Any other ideas?