Asus G75VX *Kernal Panic* After Update + Resolution Issue

BrandonOSX

Alright so i recently am trying to turn my Asus G75VX into a hackintosh, or what im referring to it as a crapintosh.  <_< Anyhow, after a successful installation, ive come to notice a few issues, my first concern is the display resolution is not working properly as its suppose to be able to do 1080p, but isnt even able to do 720p (Its abit stretched). The other issue with the graphics is there is flickering horizontally at times, very noticeable during login.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other issue which has caused some concern is after i installed 10.12.2 i needed to update to 10.12.6 to be able to use apps from App Store. So i updated just the OS, nothing was wrong, still same issues from before though. I later shut down the PC, it prompted a security update among  iTunes and another update to be installed aswell. Not thinking about it, i let it do its thing and restarted the system and became stuck with a Kernel Panic. Im almost certain the security update caused this issue, but i am unsure how id be able to resolve that either.

6661C22.jpg

SPECS:

- Asus G75VX

- i7-3630QM - HD 4000

- GTX 670MX 3GB

• Moderators

Hmmm, Distro is never a good idea...

Anyway, your Config if totally wrong for your system, it's set to Skylake system and you have an IvyBridge.

Your Clover is really outdated. See if you could reboot with the USB installer and then select the install drive to boot.

If you're able to boot, then install latest Clover. Then replace the Config file with this

Oops, forgot to attach file!

config.plist.zip

Hmmm, Distro is never a good idea...

Anyway, your Config if totally wrong for your system, it's set to Skylake system and you have an IvyBridge.

Your Clover is really outdated. See if you could reboot with the USB installer and then select the install drive to boot.

If you're able to boot, then install latest Clover. Then replace the Config file with this

Oops, forgot to attach file!

Thanks for update, yea sadly after i reinstalled my system worked but i shut it down last night thinking it would be alright. Turns out nope, it wants me to install the OS again and again lol. Im gonna have to look for a different image, the one that i have just isnt a fan of the PC.

• Moderators

Did you replace the Config files?

When reboot, at the Clover menu, see if you have a different option to boot to. Could be the re-install is the bad update the goes in a loop.

In the case you're able to boot back in with a different option, look in the root for a folder ( the name eludes me now) that's is the bad update, just delete the folder.

Or

Create you own vanilla installer.

With Windows

288795-guide-creating-os-x-usb-installer-using-a-windows-pc-only

with OS X

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-vostro-xps-clover-guide/#entry74275