[SOLVED] E7440 MiniDP Causes Restart

exdiru

Hi guys,

I am fairly new with Hackintosh and was able to make my Dell Latitute E7440 into a Hackintosh by following the guide by Jake Lo here, which was very detailed and well written.

Currently, I am running OS X v.10.12.6, and an SMBIOS of Macbook Pro (11, 1). I am just encountering some issues with my Mini Display Port, wherein if I plugged in a monitor in the MiniDP, it would cause my laptop to restart indefinitely. I am using a MiniDP to HDMI adapter to do this. Also, I noticed that if I first plugged in a monitor through the HDMI port, then plugged in another monitor through the MiniDP, it doesn't cause a restart.

I attached the kexts in my Library/Extensions, and EFI/CLOVER/kexts.

Hoping you guys could point me to the correct direction. Thanks!

post-119769-0-77061800-1522296610_thumb.png

post-119769-0-85810300-1522296614_thumb.png

Hi Jake Lo,

Thanks for the response.

Yes I have tried HDMI to HDMI, and it works alright. It only restarts when I use a single external monitor connected through the MiniDP - HDMI adapter. Could it be the adapter? I'm using something like this

Its not that much of a deal breaker for me as I could just do this steps to prevent the restarts:

1. Connect external monitor through HDMI to HDMI.
  2. Connect the other external monitor through the Mini Display Port using a MiniDP - HDMI adapter.

Once I did those steps, it works alright. But once I removed the HDMI to HDMI external monitor, and left the MiniDP monitor connected, it goes into the restart cycle.

• Moderators

What were you expecting to achieve by converting HDMI to minDP?

I'll see if I could find an HDMI to miniDP adapter to test and see if I encounter the same issue.

Will update tomorrow. Getting late here  :-P

Well my monitor setup before while in Ubuntu Gnome was:

1. Laptop monitor,

2. External monitor connected via HDMI Port,

3. Another external monitor connected via the Mini Display Port using a MiniDP - HDMI adapter.

I just had some HDMI cables lying around and a MiniDP - HDMI adapter thats why it resulted in that setup.

Alright, let me know if I could help in some way. Again, its really not that much of a deal breaker for me, just thought that I did something wrong in my setup. Thanks!

I have the same problem on my E7240. The HDMI port is working fine but when i try to use the DP the system restarts. I followed the the same guide as exdiru. All i have dicovered is that changing ig-platform-id in the DSDT.aml changes the behaviour. I had a config with working but distorted DP which only used the same resolutiohn as my internal screen. The Bootpack for Dell E7440 configures the ig-platform-id. This blocks any changes from config.plist. I don't know enough  about dsdt patching for intel-graphics to patch the dsdt.aml myself. Al i was able was playing which ig-platform-id.

I will try different values, but i need the notebook an have not as much time as i like to solve this problem.

• Moderators

Confirmed the issue. Thanks for Hervé's reminder, I added a new patch to fix the issue.

Open Config.plist with Clover Configurator

Next to Kernel and Kext Patches, under kextToPatch, create a new patch by clicking on the +

Name*    = AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find*    = 02040900 00040000 87000000
Replace* = 02041200 00040000 87000000
Comment* = DP-Audio
  • Like 1