Unable to install High Sierra on my E7270 [touchscreen]

mottoyin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the installation and follow the instruction(erase disk, plug to internet...).  The system rebooted after the installation. 

1. Boot to USB disk, choose the new Mac SSD(boot  macos install from MAC) and press enter

2. The system boot for a while and then turn to black, I can hear the cpu fan is running but screen is black. 

3. Shut it down and reboot again found there is a new boot option "Boot recovery from recovery"

Do I need any patches?

Our Display seems to have an issue working before Sleep / Display Standby. If the Brightness isn't at Max Level it stays black until it goes into Sleep or get to max Brightness by FN Key. At least if you have an custom Edid injected. But without I always got a Display with Graphicglitches after Sleep. 

With the 10.13.4 ist seems to be better. I don't need a custom EDID anymore to fix the Screen after Sleep and my Display doesn't turn black if the Brightness wasn't at max. level before restart.

The only problem im still facing is, that my Brightness Keys have no effect on brightness before sleep. The Icon shows up and is changing but the Brightness isn't. Only min. or max. Brightness is working. After Sleep everything works perfekt.

But for me that is something I can deal with. Now I set the Brightness I usually need before I restart and if I have to change it I send the dell to sleep.

Dear Jake,

My E7270 has very similar with mottoyin's.

CPU: i7-6600U with HD520

Memory: 16G (1*16) 2133MHz DDR4

DISK:  SK Hynix SC311 M.2 SATA 512G

SCREEN: FULL HD touch IPS

BIOS: 1.17.5

But I couldn't boot following your instruction even though switching patch files using you attached for mottoyin.

I am uploading my origin folder.  (cleared the folder and pressed F4 from clover boot screen and attaching.)

Please help if you see this page again.

Thanks in advance.

origin.zip