[SOLVED] Installing Sierra on E5420 [Error]

andreasltcc

Hello everyone,

I tried now several times to install different versions of macOS (Sierra, El Capitan and High Sierra) following this guide: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-vostro-xps-clover-guide/

Of course I've used the correct boot packs, tried different BIOS settings and searched the whole internet. I've also tried on many E5420s as I've laying around a bunch of them at home. But everytime I try to install I'm getting a crossed white circle freeze.

With verbose mode I get this error (Sierra):

Error allocating 0x4c05 pages at 0x0000000000c7b000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)

It would be great if anyone here could help me...

Thanks and Regards

andreasltcc

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Did you read the Troubleshooting page?
I believe I had that covered.

Clover rebooting early

If you encounter any of the bullet below and rebooted, make sure that your 1 DIMM be on slot A.

• OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
    Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
    Error allocating 0x#### pages at 0x####... alloc type 2
    Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
    Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

Hello I'm new here, what a great site just allot of information, I'm not sure if i should start a new thread so I figured I will just post my error in this thread.. when My Dell e5420 i5 boots to clover i get this error and I'm not sure how to get around it. if anyone could help that would be great thanks

VideoCapture_20180616-205734[1].jpg

• Administrators

if that is the place the existing one is then yes you can put it in clover/kexts/other. if you have it in L/E or S/L/E then remove them from those locations as there can be only one instance of the driver at any given time. multi locations can cause issues with wrong versions getting loaded.

I must be completely stupid? I've done the Clover guide for Sierra about 6 times now and I cant get My USB to boot. it wont even load clover any more? I have tried 3 diffrent USB stick, maybe I cant make this installation disk in a VM? I also get a "This package is not compatible with this version of OS X" with clover is this normal? 

Edit: ok well I got it to boot clover finally.. and I can boot with -V and got no KP.. but once everything is loaded I get just a blank screen..

15293783040024315988686904171083.jpg