[SOLVED] Installing Sierra on E5420 [Error]

andreasltcc

Ok it seems the file included for E5420 in the Sierra boot pack are all screwed up. For example if I boot the Hi resolution DSDT.aml my usb ports & sound work... the LAN and built in display don't..

If I switch to boot LowRes DSDT.aml my built in display works.. but nothing else no USB, LAN or audio..

I'm not sure if I'm just to stupid for this. But I've followed and done the Clover guide about 15 times from start to finish and I get the same results..

In advance I would like to say thank you for the help..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Jake Lo said:

I'm assuming you have low Resolution 1366x768 since you didn't specify as requested.

Replace the DSDT/SSDT and Config.plist with the attached

Install the kext to /Library/Extensions

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

E5420_HS.zip

sorry yes, thanks so much, everything is good but LAN witch I think I can hunt on my own to fix

• Moderators

The BCM5722D.kext included is for the Broadcom card but it's known to not work properly for E5420. 

FYI, there's no other known kext for it I'm afraid. You'll just have to a wifi or USB ethernet that's supported.

14 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

The BCM5722D.kext included is for the Broadcom card but it's known to not work properly for E5420. 

FYI, there's no other known kext for it I'm afraid. You'll just have to a wifi or USB ethernet that's supported.

Hey. I just want to say thanks so much for all your work and help.. today. Had some free time and I was doing lots of reading in these forums. I found this DSDT.aml, when I load it the network card is now detected (was not before) but it doesn't seem to register a MAC address. Also it stops my display from working but I see that it's was a problem. 

This is the thread 

I have also included the DSDT.aml from there

DSDT.aml.zip