E7240 Sierra New Installation

MiniAma

2 minutes ago, Jake Lo said:

Not sure what you mean new Clover folder. Place /replace them into the folder from that link above.

No, since the files are already HS compatible. 

Alright thank you again. You're really a guru. I'll let you know the outcome. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question, i am following the guide where it says 

(2) Install Clover with following config, add appropriate Sierra bootpacks Only + Generic EFI from post #2 above

I just finished doing that, should i now mount the the EFI Partition of the new usb drive and copy over the required files as when i open the flash drive i see an EFI partition  named  EFI Backup already there.

Completed the installation with no problem thanks to you. Now i am getting a reboot loop. i believe i might have made an error when installing the clover on the main hdd as when i boot up using the clover on the flash drive no problem. Any ideas as to what could have cause this reboot loop? 

4 minutes ago, Jake Lo said:

Be sure to copy the Clover folder from the USB to the new installed drive EFI Partition, installing Clover is not enough

I followed that to the T. I am gonna recopy the folder and try again. 

Recopied the folder and it works. But strangely my audio is coming up. Should I try and copy over back the folder back to Library/Extensions?

27 minutes ago, Jake Lo said:

You mean audio is not working?

Make sure to copy kexts from /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions

Repair permission and rebuild cache

Reboot

Fixed and everything is working as it should be. :) Thanks for your help. I do have a minor question tho, is it safe for me to update to the latest version of high sierra? Is their anything i should do before that? 

• Moderators

??? I thought that's what you're been doing. Yes it's 10.13.4 ready. Just download the latest combo update and install it.

Check that you don't have core storage, revert it to Legacy if you do before updating. See the FAQ for instruction.

4 minutes ago, Jake Lo said:

??? I thought that's what you're been doing. Yes it's 10.13.4 ready. Just download the latest combo update and install it.

Check that you don't have core storage, revert it to Legacy if you do before updating. See the FAQ for instruction.

No  core storage found. Thanks alot. I'll post any problems but so far so good. Everything is working alot better.