Dell Precision M6800 High Sierra Installation

JJDizz1L

Let’s start with solving the problem that makes most people quit as soon as they try. A CPU kernel panic. What should be done after I have successfully installed the Machintosh High Sierra 10.13.4 installation to a 8GB or more USB flash stick “thumb drive.

F17BE418-543A-405E-8ECD-3C9C0CA97813.jpeg

I made a USB with the instructions on this forum (In my opinion needs to be updated for High Sierra installation) and added the newest version of clover [r4439 at the time of this post] for the boot-loader. Needless to say, it is not set up to run on the Dell M6800 natively. It would be great if I can get a list of things to adjust to even be able to boot into to the installation screen, but I cannot even get passed the kernel panic with this Haswell i7.. Of course the only kext in the other folder is FakeSMC. What else needs to be added? 

PS Jake Lo if you have this exact same system and you made a WIP for your previous build, can you update it for High Sierra, it's been out for about a year now LOL.

I did have it running... I used Niresh DMG to make a USB and it loaded quite perfectly. The problem is it wouldn't allow me to update passed 10.13. That's great that it works, but it's trash if it cannot do a basic update. However, I trashed that build and went vanilla with the USB guide you linked me to. It took a while to build it, but I finally was able to get it done. The problem with that... Is after you create a USB and add clover and all your personalized kext is, Clover cannot see the installation volume >_<, I again had to rely on Niresh's USB to load their version of Clover to even see the volume on the USB I created for the vanilla installation. SMH. I did add the EFI files to the driverEFI64 folder... No luck... I'll dig deeper another time... The post needs to be updated. However, I was able to install the vanilla version of the USB I created with the guide you posted with the help of another USB ultimately. Now, I would like to ask for some "simple help" haha.

Some how, someway I was able to get the Trackpad in settings working on some build I had a while ago. Unfortunately for me, IDK which kext or method I used... I was spaced out.... UGH! It was working naturally and seemed almost native. Multitouch worked with 2, 3, and 4 fingers. I had somehow got the sound to work without the VooDoo it was amazing.... until I reached too far and tried to get USB 3.0 support....DOWN GOES OSX =[ ...All USB ports worked fine, but as USB 2.0 [I shouldn't have been so picky]. So that's how I destroyed my almost perfect build of the Dell M6800 Hackintosh. Hahahaha!

P.S. You must teach me what a STST and DTST or whatever are and what they accomplish as well as SMBios... I destroyed one of my builds playing with that identifier =/