[SOLVED] Dell E5550 stuck on FakeSMC

Joost Blok

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I completely reinstalled the disk and it simply won't boot (tried both apfs, hfs+ on ssd) if i run the installer from the usb stick it stops around 60%, gives an error about security and then restarts. If i then try to install it from the SSD it fails with the same error code as last time.

• Administrators

what I still don't understand is why it wants you to do a hardware check. maybe it is detecting an issue with ram or some bios setting. did you use a fresh smbios generated with clover configurator? maybe the bios version you are emulating in config is too old. also make sure your bios clock is set to correct time and date. to verify ram I guess you can try 1 stick at a time in the first ram slot.

• Administrators

if there is an apple folder in EFI rename it and try again that is where apple stores the firmware scap file. also make sure the clover config's smbios, bios date matches the latest firmware. i am on a windows pc at the moment i cant really thoroughly check your zip.

• Administrators

I dont know if mine will work as it is for MBP11,1 and you are using MBP12,1 but it goes in the efi folder so efi should be APPLE + BOOT + Clover folders or you can try using MBP11,1 smbios for at least install purposes maybe it is looking for a firmware to exist.

APPLE.zip