Asus X202E (S200E)

catmater

here is some console log:

image.png.d902391b185933e34c57e7525fea9005.png

I think on sleep, reboot, shutdown i have KP,  not hang on. (without clover booting key - i have simple reboot on this action)

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff800049c67a): "Element 0xffffff8011f85b80 from zone kalloc.32 caught being freed to wrong zone kalloc

Here is full debug debug_15379.zip

Hello everybody! 

So, in the search of solution, do:

1. upgrade bios from v202 to latest 210. 

2. Made new DSDT.aml from Clover F4.

3. Made DSDT patch for battery work as wrote here .Battery fork fine!

But Poweroff an Reset - doesnt work : poweroff always end rebooting, and after poweroff or reboot system loading and says: incorrect shutdown.

Trying to use this patch  but no luck. 

Sleep doesnt work - but in system log exist Wake reason: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC1 XHC EHC2 

What patch i need for it?

On 4/30/2018 at 12:47 PM, catmater said:

here is some console log:

image.png.d902391b185933e34c57e7525fea9005.png

I think on sleep, reboot, shutdown i have KP,  not hang on. (without clover booting key - i have simple reboot on this action)

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff800049c67a): "Element 0xffffff8011f85b80 from zone kalloc.32 caught being freed to wrong zone kalloc

Here is full debug debug_15379.zip

Can you boot with debug=0x100 flag and see the kernel panic screen and send it t us here ? Clover default reboots on KP. 

10 minutes ago, catmater said:

Hello everybody! 

So, in the search of solution, do:

1. upgrade bios from v202 to latest 210. 

2. Made new DSDT.aml from Clover F4.

3. Made DSDT patch for battery work as wrote here .Battery fork fine!

But Poweroff an Reset - doesnt work : poweroff always end rebooting, and after poweroff or reboot system loading and says: incorrect shutdown.

Trying to use this patch  but no luck. 

Sleep doesnt work - but in system log exist Wake reason: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC1 XHC EHC2 

What patch i need for it?

Ok, it needs to _PRW methods from the your mentioned devices to be removed to prevent that unwanted wake ups. Try to do that or send me DSDT, and I will try apply patch. 

4 hours ago, catmater said:

this is some patch from here ?

with debug=0x100 flag  no reboot after poweroff , but i dont see anything on screen after CPU halted. 

I think panic reason in the log in attach:

DSDT.aml

panic_logs.zip

Seems like your KP is from LAN kext ALXEtherxxx. Try to remove this for now in order test and see the issue.

I have applied fixes for the Sleep wake up in this for USB devices. Give a try and let me know. If you have issues again then share me with logs like ioreg, kernel log, and wake reason etc.,

DSDT_Sleep_Wake_fixed.aml

Wow!!! Remove ALXEtherxxx and poweroff and reboot work now! 

For Lan i use AtherosE2200Ethernet , work fine.

One week research and you so quick finding my problem! Thank you!!!

Some things, not working:

1. Sleep with you DSDT work on half: notebook are going to sleep , sleeping ,  on open lead - wakeup, but hang on it (Hdd speed up, mb waked up, but  no picture on screen). Do sleep by myself - as wrote here

2. Lost sound with AppleALC.kext and layout 3, but with VoodooHDA.kext sound work normal. (Can't understand why?) Found error in DSDT patch.

3. Can't brightness change by Fn key, even with Karabiner Fn remap Fixit

4. HDMI Video/Audio  Got it, work exellent. 

Jake Lo and EMlyDinEsH thank you for you help!!!

hello again! :)

Upgrade my wife Asus X202e to latest High Sierra 10.13.6 (Mojave 10.14 not supported because Ivy bridge 🙅‍♂️

So, renew clover to latest 5018 and all kext to actual.

What work:

CPU Stepping/temp

Sleep (DSDT Patching)

Battery level (ACPI DSDT Patching)

Touchpad / Keyboard and etc.

Video with HDMI Out

Sound in Speaker an Headphones

Wifi (changed to broadcrom)

What not work as wished:

1. Can't change brightness level by press F5-F6 key. 

Karabiner detect this key as a brightness key (dec/inc) but nothing happends after pressing.   

Volume key change ok by F11-F12 key

Brightness change ok by slider in monitor option.

2. Touchpad work as mouse (no touchpad option and no gestures)

3. FileValut2 - start crypting, but reboot system while crypt process running in 3% and after reboot in clover don't see system partition. this is config mistakes or therefore i drop crypting process?

What wrong? Here is my last config

10.13.6_asus_x202-catmat.v2.zip

Then i trying to install Mojave - get error for incompatible processor in log.

Mayby model notebook in clover wrong? 

Thank you for config - kext working nice - F5/F6 now changed brightness! But volume stop chnage volume by F11/F12 and start change only by Fn+F11/F12

You DSDT broke Wifi card functionality - card exist in system, but can't detect any one wifi network. When i revert to my DSDT - Wifi work fine.