[SOLVED] E7470 High Sierra Unable to Boot to Installer

kyle morton

Alright. Here's where I'm at.

Audio jack works, but is not recognizing headsets with mics on the same device (only one headphone jack, I'm sure you know this lol). 

Sleep seems to work fine, no issues with sound/wifi/anything afterwards. 

bluetooth works. Tested with an audio device, registered both mic and audio output on the headset. 

HDMI works, including HDMI Audio, however when I was testing that, I found a weird issue. I realized that my laptop is currently only running at 1366x768. When plugged into the TV, it switched scaling for both the TV and the built-in monitor to 1080p. I know from when windows was installed that the laptop is natively 1080p, but when not plugged into the TV, it refuses to give 1080p as an option to set the display to. 

Can't test DisplayPort, as I have no way of doing so currently, Will test that another day, however I don't think I'll ever use it. 

TL;DR

Scaling on the internal display won't get to 1080p (the display is capable)

Audio jack is not recognizing mic-in on headsets. 

Otherwise everything is fine. 

Alright. Confirmed. 1366x768 is native resolution. So how was it able to match resolution of TV? That's odd. 

So I guess only issue I have then is the headphone jack not detecting mic-in on hybrid headsets. 

I did indeed attempt to switch it manually to the external mic via sound preference pane. The option for "line in mic" did not show any movement on the sound meter. Whereas with Bluetooth and built-in mic they both showed movement, and testing through various applications confirmed that there was no input detected from the external mic. 

In an unrelated topic, I am trying to follow this guide but I can't get the link to download the m6700.zip package. I keep getting an error message from the website. Does someone have that file somewhere? I have an M6700 I'm also attempting to install on (will make a separate help topic if I run into issues) and my setup is identical to his. So figured I'd give it a shot. Would rather the m6700 be my hackbook pro than the e7470.