E6500 NVS160M lost second drive bay after upgrading to high sierra

veedub89

Ok...  It's either sleep, or USB.  And I'd rather have USB.  That DSDT can give me sleep, but there is no USB.  The USB_injector.kext I'm using calls on EH01, and EH02.  But the DSDT has EHCI, and EHC2.  I have tried changing it both ways.  EHCI and EHC2 in DSDT, and matched in the USB_injector, I have USB, but no sleep.  Same when I change them both to EH01 and EH02.  Unless there is another workaround?

Going back to the touchpad, I checked the thread you have linked in your sig.  After reading through it a bit I saw that Herve mentioned that the v2 Alps touchpad has issues with those voodoops2controller kexts.  My trackpad is the V2 Alps so i'm pretty much out of luck.  Checking back to the original post of the thread, he had multiple versions.  The version 4 works, but still greyed out prefpane.  The version 5 inverts the trackpad, and greyed out prefpane.  Both versions of version 6 do not work at all.  So I'm sticking with the version 4 for now, and living with the prefpane as it is.

No luck.  Same results, and same output from the log command.  If I remove the USB Injector kext, sleep returns.  Looking back on the kext pack from that post,  there was no USB injector kext needed in his Yosemite and he would have had sleep.  I know that kext was needed in El Capitan for the same reasons we have now.  Just something to think about.  Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way.  Just throwing the idea out there.  But, this isn't my daily driver anyways, so I'm thinking it's not worth all the hassle to keep troubleshooting this.