E5570 High Sierra

konspiracy

I've tried to invite Windows to the team so I've shrinked HDD parition and added NTFS in it's place. It wasn't causing any trouble until I noticed that I had to enable Legacy boot option in BIOS because otherwise Windows 7 installer wouldn't boot.

I haven't gone through the windows installation process and I've read here that it's not advised. So I have only created two paritions and assigned letter to the sytem one. 

Even though I booted in UEFI mode on GPT formatted USB stick with Windows Installer, I couldn't see the USB partition (thus the installer wouldn't be able to do it's job). Anyway, that's not relevant here.

The problem is that even that I disabled Legacy ROM support afterwards, the Mac OS won't boot again! 

Does it mean that even if I change an option in BIOS, then revert it, I still won't be able to boot unless I patch the aml-s again? 

That's very disturbing as any slight even accidental change would cause my system to stall.

I keep asking you to patch them for me but perhaps you could navigate me to a guide which would allow me do to that by myself?

See current screenshot and origin files. Are they even any different from the previous ones?

origin.zip

boot_hangs.JPG

• Administrators

sometimes resizing and partitioning wipes EFI on the HDD but it looks like you booted to clover from the screenshot.

for windows to install in UEFI mode you have to have UEFI enabled in the bios and on next boot you press F12 and select Windows UEFI installer USB. then during install you have windows delete your free volume and install to it. whatever you do do not have OSX partition it as fat because it will turn your OSX drive into a hybrid MBR which in this day and age you do not want. (involves legacy boot and an MBR patch) that might be your current booting issue.

@Bronxteck Woops. Actually that's what I did :cry: After shrinking OSX parition, I created a new partition and formatted as FAT32. What should I do now?

Even so, this shouldn't cause problems when I try to run MacOS installer from Clover USB right? Because I netiher can't boot macos installer from usb stick using clover located at that stick.

The way I always do it is, I have a MacOS virtual machine (on a separate computer) to which I plug in my usb stick, I mount the EFI parition (usb), I copy all the updated/patched files that Jake posted in this thread to the USB EFI then I boot MacOS from HDD using USB Clover and lastly I mount HDD EFI and copy files from USB EFI to HDD EFI. 

So right now I can't tell at what state HDD EFI is because I neither can boot MacOS on HDD via USB Clover (or HDD Clover) nor MacOS installer on USB via USB Clover.

To me it was obvious that no matter what I want to boot (whether it is MacOS installer at USB or MacOS system at HDD) as long as I'm doing it via USB clover then only USB EFI matters whilst HDD EFI is completely out of the question. But I am wrong?

edit: I just realized, perhaps you were asking about EFI that Windows was supposed to create? If so, then it didn't because I never ran the installer (I stopped at language selection) so there's still only one EFI parition on HDD. The only thing I've 'done' to this partition is I assigned a letter to it using Windows' diskpart.

• Administrators

that is what they swear the process is (boot usb will load from boot usb ). i have argued with some devs about it. but in real world i have had issues where clover will boot from usb but then pulls clover folder files from efi instead when GUI loads.

at this point i think you really should just consider a complete clean reinstall and follow the correct way to dual boot as in partitioning the drive into 2 partitions in osx both hfs then install OSX and clover.

boot windows installer in UEFI if your iso is too old then find a recent one that will boot in UEFI installer mode when booting F12.

in the windows installer advanced menu delete the second partition you made and have windows install to it.

once done it will probably boot directly to windows instead of clover so you need to go into bios and set your boot selection/device path to clover and set it as first boot device.

it should dual boot after that using clover.

if you then get a million entries at clover GUI then in clover config you can hide the volumes like recovery, preboot, legacy