E5570 High Sierra

konspiracy

• Administrators

jake knows the required DSDT patches. i try my best not to use them i rather try using clover config first. my reasoning is that sometimes bios updates break your patches. or you find out that apple changed the game again and what you previously had in dsdt now breaks boot.

i also try to keep my kexts in clover other folder because then it works in installer and recovery environments. plus os updates do not conflict and if they do it is as simple as dropping that kext from clover GUI. i am old and like to simplify my life.

• Moderators

Here are the patches I apply for the Skylake systems.

For Audio, you'll need change manually change the layout-id to 11 (hex:0x0B)

And this patch to fix compiling error.

As for having to repatch files each time you change something in the BIOS, yes. 

Seems to be more sensitive with the newer systems than IvyBridge / SandyBridge.

• Like 1

Okay so let me get this straight (there's still change I can get my work back). 

Looking at the entries from your post:

Rename HDAS to HDEF
Rename HECI to IMEI
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Rename _DSM to XDSM

Those I understand that I can "fix" using Config, just like this, right?

image.png.2657e539b07ec4dc658b234990214089.png

Then

LPC Skylake
IRQ 
RTC 
Mutex 
HPET 
OS X Check  (Windows 7)
HDEF layout1
USB 3.0 _pwr 0x6D Skylake

Are patches I can get from Rehabmans repo and patch DSDT only, correct? (not SSDT)

+ the skylake Intel 520 graphics you plaintext'd

Then I recompile DSDT and include it and I'm done?

I'm not quite sure what I have to do with SSDT files? I don't have to recompile them? Just remove their suffixes like SSDT-0-SataTabl.aml -> SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1-sensrhub.aml -> SSDT-1.aml etc and that's it?

Is the HDEF layout patch neccessary if I have set layout-id 11 in Clover>Devices>Audio>Inject>11 ?

Problems I  jumped into when patching:

Skylake Intel 520 patch, after trying to complile I get "Input file does not appear to be an ASL or data table source file"

LPC Skylake brakes the compilation too with "Name already exists in scope (_DSM)" and a couple of "Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^LPCB.CRID)"

• Moderators

Yes, your data are still intact, seems only the boot loader is broken / corrupted.

Try going into Options when you see the Clover loader, use the right arrow to navigate

Select ACPI patching-> Tables Dropping->

Go all the way down and deselect Drop all OEM SSDT

Check all the Drop "SSDT-xx" below that

Select Return

Change DSDT name: BIOS.aml or anything other than DSDT.aml

Select Return, Return

Hit spacebar to select Verbose mode + debug 0x100 mode

See if you could boot with that settings.

For patching, yes all those patches are for DSDT only.

Only patches for SSDT are the renames so yes that could be done via Config, but it has not been working for me for unknown reason.

You could rename the SSDT or leave them as they are, I'm just lazy to enter the whole names into the Config file.

Inject layout-id for HDEF might not be needed, but you might need to add hda-gfx and onboard=1. Sound audio/HDDMI audio doesn't work without it. Sound you could just leave out the layout-id line.

You could skip the Skylake Intel 520 patch too, new Clover should be able to auto detect it.

As for LPC Skylake, search for the line with the error and rename _DSM to XDSM or ZDSM.

That's why I patch rename _DSM to XDSM first before doing other patches.

• Thanks 1

wow! The system booted! What does that tell us? That in fact I don't need to put SSDT files into patched at all? Because the ones taken from the (bios??) are good enough for system to boot?

i'll backup now everything I've done so far on MacOS (just in case) and I'll try to create a bootable USB stick myself. I'm really eager to understand more and get it done. I'll keep you updated

• Administrators

Indeed, you only place patched tables in ACPI/patched Clover folder (and /Extra for Chameleon/Enoch). Of course, the bootloader/OS loads raw ACPI tables from BIOS by default. 'goes without saying...

• Thanks 1