E5570 High Sierra

konspiracy

Coming attached 

PS: For the reference I uploaded the video showing how the screen reacts to brightness buttons. You can see that the screen is dimmed until brightness is set to 100%, then decreasing until ~30% does nothing and then when decreased to ~25% it dims and starts flickering heavily. Now when trying to decrease/increase the brightness it will cause it to go off completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9D-AKJg1M

PPS: Another thing related to the brightness. You suggest in your guides to use karabiner to disable F-keys functionality for the purpose of using them as special functions (such as volume, brightness etc) however I need those F-keys to be *the* F-keys for terminal apps. However karabiner eventviewer reacts to fn+f1/f2/f3 (which is mute, volup, voldown) whereas when I click fn+f11/f12 (which should be bright down/up) it shows nothing, like no keyboard event occured. Any ideas?

PPPS: Also you don't mention anything about this "invalid signatured" information that appear in the output so I guess it's not relevant?

Attaching IOREG output.

RETARD’s MacBook Pro.zip

• Moderators

Strange, not seeing that on my E7470.

Try the EDID injection I mentioned.

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/10236-how-to-fix-black-screen-in-high-sierra/

As for the Fn keys, you could try disabling Karabiner-Elements when using terminal apps.

The Invalid signature means the kexts are not signed but allowed to run because we disabled SIP. 

Ugh. I messed something up and now I see black screen only. I need to access the filesystem to fix it.

I tried to get Terminal access by booting from USB stick but I still get black screen. Same goes when I try to run installer from USB! Is it possible that HDD Clover kexts override the usb ones? How can I force Clover to ignore what's on HDD and focus on USB only?

• Moderators

latest BIOS is 1.18.6

Maybe give that a try.

Download the exe and place it in /EFI folder

Reboot 

Press F12 at Dell post

Select  BIOS Flash Update

Browse to the *.exe

Select Begin Flash Update

Make sure you're connected to the power adapter the whole time until it's done.

I could help you repatch files after if you export it to Origin again, but make sure it's clear first.

I updated the BIOS which, as you said, caused system not to boot anymore. Attaching latest origin.

I'm just worried, after you patch it, won't it be a problem that I have different aml-s on USB stick clover and different one on HDD Clover? Wouldn't HDD override the USB ones like it did with kexts?

origin.zip

Thank you. The system booted, however the brightness issue is still present :-(

edit: actually what happened after booting from HDD is that the brightness is completely gone from the system (Displays), the buttons won't react either

Nevermind the edit. The brightness bar was gone because I disabled Kext patch in Clover, I brought it back and brightness bar is back again, tho not working as supposed to.