[SOLVED] E7250 - booting High Sierra 10.13.4 installer impossible - gets stuck/hangs w/o panic

abottwool

• Moderators

Yes, open Config file with Clover Configurator, under GUI, remove Preboot under Hide Volume. Now you don't have to hit F3 overtime you boot.

Run the attached permission.sh and post the output. I think cache is not working properly

sudo permission.sh

Check also in the BIOS under Wireless Devices if Bluetooth is enabled

permission.sh.zip

• Thanks 1

Bluetooth was indeed disabled in BIOS/UEFI. Apologies for wasting time. One weekend of setting this device up with your help and it's already working better than my 2017 MBP that had a broken keyboard after half a year... MacOS is the only decent thing left of Apple nowadays...

At this point I cannot even use the MBP for playing tetris anymore with the keys randomly sometimes not registering when I press them. The entire device seems fragile as well and if anything is damaged, repair costs are high. The Dell here is worse in many aspects, but at least it is reliable and cheap. In the far future, macOS will probably be too horrible for hackintoshes to be desirable, Apple will find a way to ruin their software. Hopefully linux based operating systems will have caught up to macOS and Windows for desktop usage by then.

Thanks for marking the thread resolved.