help for installing EDP in D630

PatArch

Hi,

I have created the OSX 10.6.3 installation USB pen drive and installed OSX 10.6.3 into my Dell D630.

According to the guide, the next step is to install EDP.

I have already downloaded the EDP, but do not know how to install it or how to use it.

So I would like to ask :

1. Is there any step by step detail instructions to install EDP ?

2. Can I selectively install some of the kext inside one version and some kext from another version of EDP ?

(for example, can I install some kext from EDP Version 1.9.2 and some from EDP V.1.9.1 ? )

If it is possible, how can I do that ?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

Hi,

I have created the OSX 10.6.3 installation USB pen drive and installed OSX 10.6.3 into my Dell D630.

According to the guide, the next step is to install EDP.

I have already downloaded the EDP, but do not know how to install it or how to use it.

So I would like to ask :

1. Is there any step by step detail instructions to install EDP ?

2. Can I selectively install some of the kext inside one version and some kext from another version of EDP ?

(for example, can I install some kext from EDP Version 1.9.2 and some from EDP V.1.9.1 ? )

If it is possible, how can I do that ?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

Check out the Wiki site and read up on EDP builds. Should be what you are looking for. The first part is just running the installer. Once this is doen go to your Extra folder on Mac HD and you will see EDP Tool Command. Open this and Terminal will open. Follow the prompts. Note there are tools that are helpful. One of the Tools runs Chameleon Wizard. EDP 1.9.2 is for SL, and EDP 2 is for Lion.

Good Luck!