Latitude 5480, HS 10.13.4, error while trying to install

Hattori

Hello, i am following this guide but can not get into the installation screen, it's stopping at this screen https://i.imgur.com/tK0oAhI.jpg

Can you guys please help me to fix. I've attached origin folder. My specs:

• Latitude 5480
  • Intel Core I7 7820HQ
  • Intel HD Graphic 630 (no discrete graphics)
  • 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz
  • 256GB Toshiba NVMe M.2 SSD
  • BIOS version 1.9.3

origin.zip

CLOVER.zip

Great, thank @Jake Lo, I have it installed and typing on it now.

There is few more issues:

- Multi-touch does not work with the trackpad, single touch and button do.

- No sound.

- No HDMI output, if I hot plug HDMI cable, the computer will be freezed, i will have to press and hold power button to turn it off and turn on again.

- SD card reader does not work.

How I can get HWMonitor software to display information about CPU temp, CPU fan speed, SSD temp and other information? Currently it's only showing internal battery information.

Screenshot_2018-05-07 22.58.32_mkozKE.png

• Moderators

@Hattori

There is few more issues:

- Multi-touch does not work with the trackpad, single touch and button do.

Correct, limited support for now, you can experiment it yourself here regarding I2C controllers

I don't have the hardware to test or experiment it myself

- No sound.

Try the new Config, moving layout -id from 56 to 13

- No HDMI output, if I hot plug HDMI cable, the computer will be freezed, i will have to press and hold power button to turn it off and turn on again.

Try new Config, added HDMI patch for HD630

- SD card reader does not work.

No support from now, but there's an early development here

- How I can get HWMonitor software to display information about CPU temp, CPU fan speed, SSD temp and other information? Currently it's only showing internal battery information.

Add the following kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other: FakeSMC_CPUSensors, FakeSMC_ACPISensors, FakeSMC_GPUSensors, & FakeSMC_LPCSensors

config-HDMI.zip

Thank for quick response @Jake Lo

So after applying config-HDMI.zip, it's not freezed anymore, but HDMI was still not work, and audio neither. I ended up with removing FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext from /L/E, rebuild kext cache and reboot. Surprise, both HDMI and audio works correctly after that 😮 . Do you think it will cause any further issues if I don't install FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

HWMonitor is now showing temps but not CPU fan speed, any way to get that information displaying?

I am opening only Safari with 4 tabs, all of CPU core temps are above 50°C, is that normal?

It seems battery level is dropping a bit quickly, anyway to know that power management system has been installed correctly?

Screenshot_2018-05-08 01.08.51_ZvE2gj.png

Update: found another issue: sleep and wake don't work. It actually can go to sleep, but can not wake up :(

• Moderators

No, don't need FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio if it's working.

For powermanagement, disable Hibernation and generate SSDT.aml.

See post Installation here

No idea how to get CPU Fan status. Try Googling