[SOLVED] E6430 Updating to High Sierra?

Elbe556

• Moderators

No need to reinstall, just need to fix the EFI partition with latest boot files.

If you have access to a Mac to create the installer, then you're set.

Actually just need an USB, installer latest Clover on it and copy latest boot files to it will be enough.

You can then boot with the USB, select the SSD to boot. Then when you get to the desktop, you can mount the EFI and update the files from the USB.

Use this as the bootpack, goes into /EFI/Clover 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So i TaKe my 32gb usb and plug it into my iMac. Install Clover to that usb stick. Then Copy that bootpack there and when booting my PC i need to select what in the Clover boot menu?

When connecting the usb stick to pc and booting. In clover boot manager i have two options. Boot from SSD or Recovery HD. If i choose SSD i still get the same error..

I just write the basic clover efi program to my USB. Then i go to efi/clover and replace everything that the boot pack wants.

same error..

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Elbe556 said:

All i did recently was i used kext Wizard to install applehda and some other kexts. Then i did everything i could to config.plist change in the Clover configurator.

what kext(s) did you install / upgrade?

I updated kexts using kext wizard. I cannot remember what. It just doesn't boot anymore. Where can i watch how to reinstall straight to the high sierra. This is so annoying trying to do this and it doent work..!

I know but how should i know which kext goes in where? Now i have done the usb using sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/"target_USB" --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction command ( target_usb is NAMED USB). Then i just install the clover  in that USB ( do i have to choose UEFI or Legacy?) and also that bootpack you sent me, is that correct. And when moving bootpack files to /efi/clover do i just overwrite everything there is? Then connect to PC and proceed install.

I have a sandisk 32gb nano usb drive 3.0. I have named it USB and it is GUID-Partition map with the Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

It is now installing. Firstly i noticed some weird screen glitching when entering setup. Nothing in setup. I believe that sound is not working in the setup screen and the touchpad is not working. First what do i have to do when the high sierra is installed?

well ok i give up. The install is not working . Sorry for disturbing. I just install Windows. This is way to hard .. i have already spent the whole day trying to update the computer. Now i just have to toss This PC away...

• Administrators

sorry to hear that. but installing osx is definitely possible. maybe if you are using clover you should just put the kexts in kexts/other folder instead of using apps. also the legacy/UEFI issue you mention depends on the option you chose in your bios.